Ty Croes Sprint, Sunday 1st Sept; WSCC members parade lap

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Hi Dave,

I have sent you a PM with details so just to let you know that (as a competitor and therefore not able to drive in the parade myself) a friend of mine will pilot my car during the parade laps with his son as passenger.

Paul

No problem, pm replied to.

Well that looks like my car and Steves car wont be out there then due to being competitors..... Shame really!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna have to give this a miss Dave sorry.

I'm trying to get the mrs to drive but she's not too happy bout the idea

If it helps, it's all in a very controlled and safe environment; a pace car at the front, another at the back, max speed 50 mph, no bunching and hanging back to create gaps and no overtaking.

That's why we don't need helmets, and why, subject to appropriate seats/seat belts, all are welcome regardless of age, as passengers.

Well that looks like my car and Steves car wont be out there then due to being competitors..... Shame really!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if you drove Steve's car and he drove yours?  Would that still count as practise?

do you need full licence  my boy jack would love to drive mine around  me or the wife a passenger. I can put L :t-up:  plates on it 

Dave

If you can get clearance for Steve and I to swop cars that would be good so long as we dont get penalised for extra practice ( we could not risk that!)

Full driving license I'm afraid. Sadly drivers are drivers, regardless of car. Full marks for lateral thinking though.

how about if i order a steveD mankini and change into that. then i might not get noticed as a competitor

No outstanding features I guess then? Worth waiting for or maybe not.

Dave Gadgetman will try and pm you later re passengers in the tow car. Still out of UK and coms a bit trying for an old fart

Bob

Best of luck Dave but without the competition cars I am not sure how big a parade you will have

Hi Dave

I'm still trying to get the wife to drive the daughter around in my car

She had a practice the other day and kept going from 4th to 3rd instead of 5th

Fingers crossed the gearbox is still in one piece come September :) :) :)

Best of luck Dave but without the competition cars I am not sure how big a parade you will have

You could be right, there does not appear to be much uptake. But then Dave will have a better idea of numbers commiting. And I bet there will be a trend towards 'waiting to see what weather we get'.