WSCC Blyton Park Track Day 12th July 2013

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Good stuff :t-up: Couple of nice clear laps with the S2k car there!

Here's my first one, quite a lot of different cars in it :)

Great video Adam. :)

Hope to get a passenger ride in your car in the future.

Great track day, and big thanks to Nick for organising and booking the good weather!

Adam, I can see the frustration... :laugh:  The first session after lunch was exactly the same for me. I kept catching cars at the end of the lap. Having not driven that new bit in anger, I hadn't a clue how fast it could be taken, so when I eventually got a clear shot at it, I felt I could have gone quicker. At the same time fearing the big blue smoke cloud as I exit the circuit backwards having ballsed up the braking for the tight left hander! :blush:

Echo everyones comments about awesome day and great weather! Really good to meet some new people and chat to the old ones...

Thanks to everyone that took pity on me and took me out for some passenger laps! 

Apologies if I held anyone up on track, I was pretty concious of getting in peoples way so didn't do much in the afternoon becuase the overtaking spots where a bit limited...

drift_zpsed1acbb5.gif

:d

Great video Adam. :)

Hope to get a passenger ride in your car in the future.

Thanks Steve. Sure, any time our paths cross!

Adam, I can see the frustration... :laugh: The first session after lunch was exactly the same for me. I kept catching cars at the end of the lap. Having not driven that new bit in anger, I hadn't a clue how fast it could be taken, so when I eventually got a clear shot at it, I felt I could have gone quicker. At the same time fearing the big blue smoke cloud as I exit the circuit backwards having ballsed up the braking for the tight left hander! :blush:

Completely agree! Haha. Nearly did exactly that a couple of times... All good fun though.

Apologies if I held anyone up on track

I very much doubt you did - there wasn't a single time where I saw instances of 'wow, he really should let him past now...' like you get on most track days - and it was awesome seeing a 'normal' car flying round :t-up:

Here's the other vid... Starring David 'Can you just follow me for a few laps so I can see my lines' OnliestSmeg at the start :d Frustrating watching it back, I'm always way way too early on the brakes into the Wiggler :(

Just tried to edit my post and it messed the video up... hope this works!

Here's the other vid... Starring David 'Can you just follow me for a few laps so I can see my lines' OnliestSmeg at the start :d Frustrating watching it back, I'm always way way too early on the brakes into the Wiggler :(

Thanks for posting my 'moment' Adam. :'(

It wasn't my only one :-D :-D

I sure you must have captured some good driving too???

Thanks everyone for contributing to a fantastic day.

Especially for driving tuition ftom Steve and Adam.

Both helped me put in what I thought were some good laps by end of the day. :-)

I completed 120 miles on track! :-) :-) :-)

I did, will pop together a vid just for you :)

120 miles is good going!

I did, will pop together a vid just for you :)

Brill,

muchly thanks.

A huge THANK YOU to Nick from me too for organising such a fantastic event, I've had a brilliant few days at Blyton. Perfect weather, great little circuit and meeting new friends and old ones, just awesome  :t-up:

It was the first time out in my new Westy so a lot to learn about the car but it ran perfectly, just my driving to improve before next seasons speed series  :(

Heres a few photos of my weekend

XS2_0065.jpg

XS2_0395.jpg

XSP_0116.jpg

XSP_0489.jpg

XSP_0215.jpg

Last but not least, this is the view most of you probably had as I was either blasting past or in the way ( most likely ) :d

XSP_0038.jpg

Awesome track day.  This was my first track day and really enjoyed it.  Good weather,  good crack,  met some decent folk and managed to keep the car in one piece! Big thanks to Nick and anyone else who helped organise it.  Also thanks to westfield for an amazing passenger ride in the mega s2000. We had the slowest westie so apologies to all we held up especially when the brakes seized on at about 4 30 causing a red flag!   Andrew from Bishop Auckland you've got a good picy of my brother driving my car (Q314 CHH) is this compressed? If so any chance of sending me the full sized one?

Thanks to Nick for a great weekend.

Awesome passenger ride with Adam (it's John not James :-) even tho I too had a sleeve full of gravel for his garden..

You definitely inspired my confidence and the last few laps I did after our outing put a huge smile on my face.

Great to see all you guys there.

Special mention to Phil for the amazing jet flying demo and James Toolorders, my kids are now your devoted supporters and want to visit more events, while insisting I must take part next time!

Jenny is allready wondering how my racing career is going to be paid for.

Now it really is time for me to sort the gearbox out, after looking over my footage, it seems 90% of the day was done one handed!!

• Like 1

It seems 90% of the day was done one handed!!

So many punchlines, so unfairly constricted by the restrictions of being on Committee...

I'm watching you carefully Mr Young  ??? 

:d Go on, you know you want to!  :d 

Perhaps when I retire, I'll put it in my behind the scences tell-all book...but not yet! :d