WSCC Blyton Park Track Day 12th July 2013

Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

Yeah no probs Keith!

Can forward you the instructions Chris?

Adam ,could you forward the forms to me please ?

Thanks

• Like 1

Still haven't had a detail email.  I know to be there early, targeting 8am island there driving licenses are required. Is there any other important things that need to be known?

Looking forward to a good day out.

Sorry just looked at the PDF in the post above, couldn't get it on my Kindle 

Signing in is normally between 7.30 and 8.30, drivers briefing 8.30 till 9 ish and then sighting laps. Then track normally goes live but I think their running novice sessions after the sighting laps tomorrow. Normally have to cover your arms and legs so no t shirts and shorts

And hope you all have a good day. Also, if any of you want to make a weekend of it you really will be very welcome if you offer to marshall on Saturday and/or Sunday for the sprint meetings. In fact, I might even buy you a pint on Sunday evening, if you do, and if you can find where I'm staying! ;)  ;)  :d  :d

Phewwww! that was a warm one! :)

Master of the understatement

Cor Blimey

Bob

Good day yesterday.. as said, a little on the warm side, but I'm not complaining! :cool:  Had some good fun on track, and will get some video up soon. Must admit I wasn't looking forward to the alternative layout in the afternoon, but I was pleasantly surpised.. it was rather good. (It did mean I had to employ 2nd gear though.. what a bind. :laugh: )

A big thankyou to Nick and the team for all your efforts. :yes: much appreciated. :yes:  :yes:

I didn't take many pics but here's a few.

DSC_6598c_zps43cc3a92.jpg

DSC_6596c_zps3f419830.jpg

DSC_6585c_zpsa8025184.jpg

DSC_6569c_zpsaafa4437.jpg

DSC_6568c_zps236f83cf.jpg

DSC_6581_zps50186e4e.jpg

DSC_6572_zps1b7271ec.jpg

DSC_6570_zps84c283d4.jpg

What a brilliant day, Weather was great, car performed well, And I felt my driving just got better and better as the day went on.

Thanks Nick for organising this.

My only complaints are having to sleep outside the gate on Friday night and I thought the procedure for bleeding cars onto circuit was a bit too cautious. 

Oh and that briefing!!! I was ready for lunch by the time we got on track!! Then after lunch a lot of time was wasted while Richard did the pm Briefing and further sighting laps!

But despite that it was still a brilliant day. Thanks again Nick.

It was indeed pretty warm! Glad I had a hole in my seat to let the sweat run out :laugh:

Briefing was very... thorough... and it was a shame to lose so much of the afternoon to the extended lunch / briefing / sighting laps, but at least there weren't too many cars booked on.

What did everyone think of the afternoon configuration? For me, it's definitely better now with the extra strip of tarmac through the Ump, but only having two overtaking spots (and both of them effectively within the same bit of track) made everything feel a bit laboured. I've got a video to put up to show what I mean (should have a few people / cars in it as well - always find it helpful to see my own car from behind so I hope you will too).

There's definitely space to safely pass between Bunga Bunga and Port Froid with consent, so I hope this might be considered in future (if there is any feedback going to Richard).

Anyway, was great to see some existing faces and meet some new ones - sorry I didn't get chance to get you in the car Steve and Keith! Thanks to David, Chris, James and Jamie from Westfield for letting me jump in with you too, always enjoy passengering :t-up:

The Mega S2000 car went well, good smooth power delivery and no lack of torque even down at 4000rpm or so (red line appeared to be somewhere near 9 so you have plenty to play with!). Jamie was pedalling pretty hard (eg. fairly sideways quite often!) so it was sort of tricky to tell how much actual grip it had on those R1Rs, but it did feel nicely balanced. The guys told me it's had some suspension tweaks - building in a bit of anti-dive up front and reducing bump steer with the rack mountings, plus new anti roll bar system which looked very neat. All the controls were in the right places too (gear lever nice and high, nowhere near the dash, steering wheel nice and close), and there has been a fair bit of space left up front of the engine bay for additional tweaking...

I'm putting a vid together at the moment so will pop that up later all being well :yes:

What did everyone think of the afternoon configuration? For me, it's definitely better now with the extra strip of tarmac through the Ump, but only having two overtaking spots (and both of them effectively within the same bit of track) made everything feel a bit laboured. I've got a video to put up to show what I mean (should have a few people / cars in it as well - always find it helpful to see my own car from behind so I hope you will too).

I thought the afternoon layout was good. I'd seen on board videos of an earlier version of this track and wasn't impressed, but the latest one gets a :yes:  from me. :)

I've got a couple of vids uploading now, neither have any trace of a yellow / black VX being peddled a bit too well for my liking. :laugh:

First vid from me. Following Matt, then a couple of laps at the end with the Mega S2000. :t-up: