Upgraded Forum

Hi I have the same issue as Gadgetman, can get onto bloggs home page but cannot open any bloggs I get this message from google chrome

This web page has a redirect loop
The web page at http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/blog/12/entry-63-new-wheels-and-tyres/ has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Hope that helps
Paul

Actually I have that issue in Safari on my iPhone. Thought I'd tried to go into a blog but must only have gone to the blog page.

Thanks for your efforts Adrian - much appreciated.

One 'bug' on the iphone 5 with ipb mobile is that I can't read messages. They are there but when I click on them it opens the profile of the sender rather than the message itself. Of course it might be me being all fingers and thumbs...

OK I have fix for blogs which I will put in place in the morning.

Will look at other items then.

The automatic YouTube embedding in a post seems to have failed as well.

Blogs fixed.

Mem Sec - Can you link me a post with the problem please.

• Like 1

Not sure if its linked or not, but if I edit a post I've made, the re-posted item seems to suddenly display all the HTML formatting code.

its done it for me again today, posting from an iPad using Atomic browser set to emulate Firefox. (It's happened several times with this combo) Did it yesterday too, Safari/Mac Book Pro

I can confirm I've seen this as well.

Also, if someone "likes" a post I've made, I get a notification of the "like", but the "like" no longer appears in my view of that post.  Adrian, I'll "like" your last post in this thread as an example.

/Firefox 19.0.2, Win7

Is there an issue with embedding of youtube videos? as I don't appear to be able to embed them anymore?  it now just adds a link ???

Is there an issue with embedding of youtube videos? as I don't appear to be able to embed them anymore?  it now just adds a link ???

Works OK for me, but it didn't at first - no idea why.

Works OK for me, but it didn't at first - no idea why.

Which code are you using then ???

I use to click share and copy and past the link into my posts which automatically embedded the video, but now all I get is a link like this?

On the old forum we used the "old Embed" codes but that just gives this

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbMpeQN_zd8?hl=en_GB&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbMpeQN_zd8?hl=en_GB&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Think I've sussed it by looking at the BBcode

when I paste the address of the youtube clip the forum for some reason is automatically converting it to a URL like this rather than embedding it :oops:

(url=

)
(/url)

I use to click share and copy and past the link into my posts which automatically embedded the video

Exactly the same as what I just did - what browser are you running?

Exactly the same as what I just did - what browser are you running?

IE9 but it does exactly the same on the iPad

Most odd... no idea.  Have you tried adding the [media] tags manually to the URL?