Hey Guys, Building my first Westfield (SEiW)

MWMSport

That one looks ok I think

Looking from directly above the top mount should be further to rear ( caster angle) leaning backwards

Pic required of nearside please

There are other good reasons to keep a build blog.

When I finished the day with an issue I would still update the blog, and quite often in doing so I would have to think about the issue again to make sure I articulated the issue on the blog correctly. It was amazing how often while doing this I saw the problem in a different light.

I also found keeping the blog separate (I used the Google bogging tool)  to the forum thread helped and when I had a specific question I would post the question in the relevant section.

It is good to be able to go back to the blog to check something and when I see a question posted I can refer back to my own experiense and use the blog to remind me what I did.

For the IVA it is also very important to have lots of pictures taking them for the blog meant I had plenty to send off to show the build over time. Having a good record of the build especially if it is built to a high standard has a very positive effect on the IVA test. If the tester can see that care and attention has been taken during the build then tend to have a more positive attitude toward the test. 

Good luck with the build and enjoy the process.

Rhett

Yes 

The damper should be mounted with the adjusting ring at the bottom

Some people do mount their shocks upside down for ease of adjusting and clearance issues, not what I would do though.    The important bit is having the wishbones the right way round and the rack as straight as possible.

Definitely would NOT run with the shocks upside down.  Some clever clogs will come in and provide the science in a minute, but basically they are not designed to work upside down and will not be as effective at all, plus it might well void the warranty.

The wishbones look ok and correct way round

Steering arms maybe look odd as car is unsupported

Especially if they're oil filled shocks .. the internal valving will not work as they're designed to!

Some people do mount their shocks upside down for ease of adjusting and clearance issues, not what I would do though.    The important bit is having the wishbones the right way round and the rack as straight as possible.

Some shocks (Nitrons for one) are designed to run upside down to save unsprung weight. But unless the manufacturer explicitly says to run that way, better to install correctly

Ben. 

Looks great :) think it will be a very good westy when finished. After seeing the pics I did spot some small bits of rust in some of the parts, so, taking in consideration that at this point in the project you have great access to all areas I would suggest you tackle this before carrying on to complete the build. Some POR15 3 stages would take care of it..

At the moment i am having to take out a few bits of the engine bay to deal with small spots of rust and it is a bit of a pain.. That is why I am suggesting this..

Best of luck and carry on the good work :)

Started mocking up the panels today so all the drilling and cutting is done before Spray Shack start painting.

Can't believe that adding 2 panels makes it look so much more like a car.

0365ACEC-42D5-45BC-A3B1-13E93167C863-766

B42B6E1C-4F30-46F0-8C31-14CC0902A0EB-766

7D2917B1-BD3A-4FBD-A005-7CD899E8A0D1-766