Hey Guys, Building my first Westfield (SEiW)

MWMSport

Love the carbon panels, looks a bit low in the last photo though, do you struggle with speed humps?

Love the carbon panels, looks a bit low in the last photo though, do you struggle with speed humps?

Dunno mate. Never driven it. Lol

looking at the avatar I'd say he's bottom'd out :)  :)

Can anyone help with what wheel offset to go for?

I need to use 15's to fit over the brakes but normal ford offset wheels hit the body at the rear.

Sorry just understood what you meant. Lol

Sorry just understood what you meant. Lol

;)

A warm welcome and we love a good build diary with pics!

Welcome, take note of the post re invoices and receipts and study the IVA manual which you can download from various places. There are a few bear traps to watch out for which don't make a great deal of sense but rules is rules. You have a really good base to get on with your build, just make sure you don't need to backtrack and redo much work to get through IVA and DVLA registration. Particularly emmissions and receipts. Keep us posted with a build blog or thread and the advice you can get from here is immense and 90% correct, you can't be right all the time. Remember that just because something makes good sense it sometimes doesn't meet the approval of IVA. Get to know which test station you will use and get some feedback from members who have used them. A way to go yet, take it steady and make sure every step is recorded and documented for posterity and IVA.

Should be on the road this summer then :d  :d :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d  :d

Bob 

As above, can't recommend starting a blog with photos of your work strongly enough.  You will get lots of "that's wrong for an IVA" comments - do not take it as personal criticism but as input from those of us who have suffered before you, and don't want it to happen to others!  We love to see people overcome the beareaucratic hurdles, build the car of the dreams and get it out on the open road.  We're hear to help - good luck! :)

As above, can't recommend starting a blog with photos of your work strongly enough. You will get lots of "that's wrong for an IVA" comments - do not take it as personal criticism but as input from those of us who have suffered before you, and don't want it to happen to others! We love to see people overcome the beareaucratic hurdles, build the car of the dreams and get it out on the open road. We're hear to help - good luck! :)

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I have never build a Westfield before or had to put a vehicle through an IVA so any comments good or bad are more than welcome.

Where's the best place to start a build thread?

Scott, we hear you're here to hear us.   :) (better put a smiley otherwise I'll be in the sticky stuff again)

Where's the best place to start a build thread?

The comments may be the bearer of bad news but will be meant in a friendly way and with the best intentions!

Click on the Blogs tab at the top of the main page, and you'll be able to start a new blog there. :)

I'm going to be slightly controversial and suggest if you want quick feedback, you might be better putting a build thread in newbies or technical.

Blogs will eventually be a fine place for it, it's true. But it's quite a recent development, and as such it's not so well visited yet. Quite a few of the more technical types don't visit so often yet, I've asked the odd question on blog threads - some are still unanswered, even by the author!

Sorry

:down:  :blush: