City Of London Blat 21St Oct Meet 7:30 @ Post Code E14 5Sp.

Pistol Pete

Yep that's right, soften your shocks and keep your speed down we're heading for the big smoke.

Initial idea is to head down the A13 early Sunday morning towards the city with a quick lap of docklands, followed by the lime house link and into the City for another lap, a quick stop outside Lloyds and the tower of london then onto Westminster and a quick loop of Hyde Park then back down Regent Street (wave at the Ferrari shop) then salute Nelson before heading over the river and ready to head over Tower Bridge on the way home again. :t-up:

Going to start planning the route so it may change a little, but should be based on the above, who in Essex is up for it and does any of areas around the city want to join us?

It goes without saying that i shall be up for this one :t-up:

Will the Queen have the kettle on with a cuppa ready as with burble by?

Well, this something different and a good idea. It's going to be hard keeping a light throttle.

Oh yes, I'm in. Must plan in some tunnels, Southbank, Euston Road...

I'm in!!! Wanted to do this one weekend for a while. I drove my car through central London and back before it was registered as they needed it in west London at Webcons workshop to sort the black top zetec chip for emissions.

Was a bit scary driving that route without number plates but I took it over tower bridge there and round the houses of parliament on on the way back. Was great with such an open view.

Just had a heads up there's a half marathon in the royal parks on 21st :( .

Pete a quick google suggests that the half marathon is on the 28th not the 21st. I note that several websites do have it listed for the earlier date but the oficial site says its 28th.

http://www.runtothebeat.co.uk/

The only other one i can see is the Royal Parks Foundation half marathon which is on the the 7th october

http://royalparkshalf.com/

Cool 21st it is then :t-up: :t-up: (somebody with blatchat membership might want to point it out to them)

I read on the blatchat thread that the Mall is not open on Sundays, so will have to modify the route slightly.

Ah the joys of London :oops: i can see this will be a fun route to try and plot

I predict they'll be a few get lost on this one, but i'm looking forward to some tunnels :d

We have to drive through the Limehouse link on the way there------and home as well. :)

We have to drive through the Limehouse link on the way there------and home as well. :)

Watch out for the speed camera as its 30mph. ;)

Watch out for the speed camera as its 30mph. ;)

I know, but in 2nd. gear it will seem fast and noisy.

• 3 weeks later...

BTT just to make sure this is on your radar.

Route with stops sorted for this one, Essex mob will be starting from the Lodge and heading down the A13. Any other areas wanting to start at another location and meet us on route?

dam forgot about this. the v8 is now sorn and off the road till either its sold or it returns to the essex roads maybe next year.