• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Hullavington to be sold for housing!

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

:down: My second favourite airfield day location is doomed! http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Shock-Minister-reveals-Hullavington-airfield-near/story-28553837-detail/story.html

Abingdon cannot be far behind, surely? What will this mean for MSE's business after the loss of Keevil as well?

:down: My second favourite airfield day location is doomed! http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Shock-Minister-reveals-Hullavington-airfield-near/story-28553837-detail/story.html

Abingdon cannot be far behind, surely? What will this mean for MSE's business after the loss of Keevil as well?

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!  What's more important?  Addressing a chronic housing shortage by building on redundant brownfield sites or letting me burn gallons and gallons of unleaded by being a lunatic driving round in circles all day???  I feel a petition coming on.......  100,000 signatures and we get a debate in parliament.  Sign up today at www.Save our Skidmarks.co.uk !!!   :d   

In all seriousness, it will be a few years before anything happens, so we'll still get a few more track days in. :t-up:

Well I did message Motorsport events couple of weeks ago when they put up their calendar they didn't say Hullavington wasn't happening just keep an eye on the calendar for added events :t-up:  kind of took that as more positive than negative.

Curses, that's the track the turbo had it's biggest impact with tight hairpin followed by long straight!

Everywhere that is able to be built on will be if they get their way. You can see the logic, but if there is only going to be 100 homes built they will have huge gardens!!!

The traffic at that junction on a morning and evening is ridiculous at present and will get worse when this happens. Look on the bright side there will still be then new Track in Wales which work is starting on. 

I enquired of Natasha at MSE whether Chalgrove airfield could be available for track days and she gave a non-committal answer. That was a couple of years ago though - when Keevil disappeared. Chalgrove is leased to Martin Baker for ejector seat development use but I daresay they would appreciate a few quid for a trackday hire every so often. Not too near Wiltshire, though...

Curses, that's the track the turbo had it's biggest impact with tight hairpin followed by long straight!

That is what you get for forced induction cheating.......

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!  What's more important?  Addressing a chronic housing shortage by building on redundant brownfield sites or letting me burn gallons and gallons of unleaded by being a lunatic driving round in circles all day???  I feel a petition coming on.......  100,000 signatures and we get a debate in parliament.  Sign up today at www.Save our Skidmarks.co.uk !!!   :d   

In all seriousness, it will be a few years before anything happens, so we'll still get a few more track days in. :t-up:

Did you curse it?

Final trackdays 11th and 12th March. This is why I shouldn't leave winter upgrades until nearly spring!

• Like 1

Probably going to book the Saturday (12th) with very few winter upgrades completed :d

The Friday is better for me but could do the Saturday at a push - I've been doing a lot of weekend work lately so need to keep SWMBO happy.  Mind you, she could come out for a blat .... Friday is £20 cheaper, too.

What's the preference? 

Saturday is good for those 9-5ers as doesn't need a holiday day. Stuart has already booked Saturday in the lesser of the two orange cars.