Beefburgers - cheese and/or coleslaw..?

John K

No, Bledlow Ridge... The Chalfonts are distinctly arriviste :d

2 hours ago, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

No, Bledlow Ridge... The Chalfonts are distinctly arriviste :d

Fair point. The architecture does give them away somewhat :d 

On 18/08/2017 at 22:37, Man On The Clapham Omnibus said:

Well Blatters me old fruit, when your only local is run by foodie people who serve steaks on blocks of wood and chips in a tiny fryer cage lined with a kind of sterile plastic version of the Evening Standard, what choice does one have!  :oops:

My local is now a Co-Op.:no:

4 hours ago, Blatman said:

My local is now a Polski Sklep...

I passed a shop today that said it was a "Haircut Sklep" from which I infer that 'sklep' is Polish for shop, and in this establishment one obtains a haircut. Therefore, does it not follow, that 'Polski Sklep' is where one can acquire a Polish person? :oops:

11 minutes ago, Blatman said:

Polish sausage and Vodka is more likely... :d 

I'm Eastern European (Polak) by parentage - trust me you don't need anything else...

The vodka is to break down the 100% lard the sausage are made from... Trust me, you haven't lined your ribs until you've eaten your fill of Bigos

Got to survive those winters somehow...

A Polish chap I worked with said Polish winters are so cold that fence posts explode with the pressure of the frost expanding inside. Brrr.....

Enough to freeze your sausage! :oops:

Not that cold anymore due to climate change.   My mother is from East Prussia which is now North east Poland, winter temperatures were down to -30deg. during the war.  Mum never says things were better when she was young, just awful.