Why 1C tyres should be categorised road legal by MSA

windy

Been there done that, but you're too young to remember Phil!

Think you will find that we're nearly there again. Not through choice though. We can choose between carp or crap tyres. With even worse ones being forced upon us in the future

Look at it as just another tyre type added to the 1B list

It still remains an individual choice as to which tyre provides the best performance for your car, the championship you want to compete in and the class you want to run in the championship and on the day!

Hope this helps!

Glutey

You just need the best crappy tyres you can find. let me know what you decide on please

I've decided it's all rubbish, the msa have no consideration for their paying members and its time to take my bat and ball to the Javelin play ground...if I can be bothered playing at all

• Like 2

That would be a sad day Paul....dont do it PLEASE

perhaps we need a control engine... 1700CC, 8v mighty cross flow? I'll get my coat too :-) 

• Like 1

Too late as you have bought a quicker flying machine that belonged to Stu Hill

Put some slicks on and come G

I've decided it's all rubbish, the msa have no consideration for their paying members and its time to take my bat and ball to the Javelin play ground...if I can be bothered playing at all

Get some slicks on Paul and forget about the road going tyre b*****ks*. (and put a bike engine in lol)

You just need the best crappy tyres you can find. let me know what you decide on please

Decided to use my 205 888's that I've had for years. Not prepared to waste money on rubber unless I can guarantee 2 seasons on a set. Still bitter that I've had to sell my super soft zzr's that had 4 events on.

• Like 2

Decided to use my 205 888's that I've had for years. Not prepared to waste money on rubber unless I can guarantee 2 seasons on a set. Still bitter that I've had to sell my super soft zzr's that had 4 events on.

yep Phil, sold mine before xmas. A sad day indeed:-(

I couldn't agree more Paul,stuff the msa, they ain't getting my money!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can buy R888R in SG (Soft) compound from been googling and cant seem to find them anywhere?

Size needed is 195/60/r13 205/60/r13

Cheers!

Yes, spoke to a Toyo Motorsport dealer recently, the R888R is only going to be available in GG medium compound and he thought that R888 was going to be phased out soon anyway.

There was a post somewhere on here saying the MSA wouldn't consider the R888 SG soft compound a road legal tyre so wouldn't be legal for roadgoing classes, quite how we are supposed to know this I don't know, the MSA list 1B specifies tyres but not compounds.

For example, is there anything to stop Avon producing their new list 1B ZZS tyre in a super soft compound?

All seems like a complete minefield for the potential competitor, given that my limited driving skills won't be winning classes anyway, I'll probably go for R888R just so I know I am definitely using a tyre that is likely to be legal for a few years (I hope!).

Any tyre that is on the list 1A, 1B and that are E marked, Are allowed. 

The R888 SG tyres ARE 'E' marked because i have just bought a set