Prescott Entry Confirmed

Marto303

As an aside, I grew up a couple of miles from Prescott and my mum still lives in Winchcombe. 

There are a couple of good local pubs serving grub.

Happy to book a few tables for the Saturday if enough interest. 

David

Matt

Please remember to compete in a road going class your car has to be road legal with insurance , MOT etc and this will be checked at scutineering so check that you can get car etc sorted before the event...seems you have good offers of help

Do you have your MSA licence?

I do have a helmet. It's a horrid HedTec helmet but fits. The rest I don't have including the license.

I'll print off the entry form on Monday and get that off.

All the car requires are new lower ball joints (I'd like to do the top pair but Westfield only had one to send out!), sorting of whatever mess has been made of the headlight wiring (hopefully a plug being out back together with two wires the wrong way round), and find out if something similar is stopping the NS brake light working. Then it's a 2nd carb spring, yellow tape on the battery cable and a sticker so the marshals know how to turn the key in the right direction when I crash!

Reasonably happy I'll get the car ready given the event is June. I'd just not planned ahead in terms of budget (the stupid car along with my other stupid car have cost me far more than expected lately).

Thanks guys it is paper only, I emailed the competition secretary earlier. There are still places left so posted my entry for both days and camping this morning, fingers crossed. It is by far my favourite venue so I hope to see you all there.

Matt,

Paper only.

May be worth trying in the "Parts Wanted" section for the top ball joints.

The rest looks fairly straight forward, follow the wires and find the bad/wrong connection. But if you struggle then I am only near Cirencester had happy to lend a hand.  Can't say I am an expert mechanic or electrician but sometimes two brains are better than one when trying to solve an electrical problem.

You may need to get your MSA licence before filling in the entry form as it is an essential box on the form

Also check your helmet is in accordance with the latest MSA book

Have a look at the Beginners guide to help you

Matt, any help you need just ask. I'd be happy to help.

James 

Thanks all. Ball joints are paid for but Westfield just didn't have all four! Luckily I have the two required for the MoT (it's only the covers the joints are fine!). I'll get onto that license this weekend if I can sort it using my phone (off to a wedding Friday evening for Saturday).

Edit: that would be a no then! After about one hundred errors I finally for to the application page only to find a need a JPEG of a passport photo. Perhaps Sunday evening then!

Good news David. I may even join you for a Sat night meal at the pub.

Now you must get the car finished!

Keith

David, i'll come to the pub, mineral water and salad for me please  :d

• 1 month later...

David if your booking a table count me in please  :yes: is your car ready  ???

I'm really looking forward to this weekend but please please please let it be dry though  :laugh:

Car is booked for rolling road next Wednesday and MOT Thursday.

New wiring basically finished. Just need to fit seats and extra wide cycle wings etc

I can book the Royal Oak for Saturday.  I'll get a table for 8

Any others want to come?

Car is booked for rolling road next Wednesday and MOT Thursday.

New wiring basically finished. Just need to fit seats and extra wide cycle wings etc

I can book the Royal Oak for Saturday.  I'll get a table for 8

Any others want to come?

Thats great thank you  :t-up: