Chrome pack
Boot box lid
Contoured dash
Bonnet locks
Spare wheel and tyre
12v socket

Typr 9 gear box

with side curtains and hood

Any ideas about what it might be worth. It is very good condition but I cannot upload photos.. I am too stupid but will try again 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lochnessside

• David-hrv

• Doug Dastardly

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Is photobucket the only way to do it?

Can I not simply cut and paste?

I have no link other than some photos on my PC

No, you cannot cut and past, the photos need to be hosted on a website, whether it be Picasa, Photobucket or even on the WSCC Gallery within this site... (don't ask me how or where to so that as I don't use it as my photos are all on Picasa...

Link to the Gallery,see the 'Upload' button top right ;)

http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/gallery/

Ok

I will think again as I was trying to let you experts cast your critical eye over my soon to be purchased toy

Value somewhere between £8.5k and £10.5k depending upon detailed spec and condition.  e.g. seats, instruments, spec of type 9 box, diff etc

The 1.6 sigma is a light and nice all alloy little engine but does not have much tuning potential compared to the 2.0 duratec so will put off some buyers.

But factory built tends to help with some buyers.

Would be a great economical touring car by the sounds of it.

Great just the info I was after. You make me feel better as that is the range I had worked out. You guys are quick to come back thanks!!

Is a Sigma 1600 engine factory built 2009 now called a Zetec engine as I seem to get confused when I try to search about the engine type. I understood the sigma was replaced by a re named engine the Zetec?

Other info i have about the car is as follows. Does this change your thoughts

1. How may previous owners 2 owners
  2. What BHP is the engine and I assume it is fuel injected 1.6 Ford Sigma engine, fuel injected 155bhp
  3. Any tweaks to engine or is it standard upgraded by factory
  4. Full service history no
  5. Which model is it? I assume it is a SEi Yes SEi
  6. Does it have a live rear axel or independent rear suspension independent
  7. Does it have a limited slip rear diff no
  8. Does it have adjustable suspension? Is it 1 way or 2 way adjustable 2 way
  9. Does it have up rated bushes , anti roll bars and rose joints no bars but rose jointed
  10. What gear box is fitted Ford MT75 or a type 9 type 9
  11. What type of sump – is it a dry sump or baffled wet sump
  12. Does it have a Westfield quick rack (steering) standard
  13. Brakes 4 pot or 2 pot 2 pot
  14. Does it have a quick release steering wheel no
  15. Does it have a fully electric heated front windscreen yes
  16. Does it have a full or half tonneau not sure
  17. What are the tyres size and make 195/50/15s
  18. Does it have a heater fitted yes
  19. Does it have a standard fuel tank or is a long range one fitted standard
  20. I know but want to confirm it is supplied with weather gear – side screen and roof Yes in blue

Welcome. I'm a wee bit north of you, but happy to meet up if I ever get some time.

My zetec is 150 bhp and is pretty quick, at least till 70 then it gets windy and noisy.

I can see me going for another 20 or 30 hp but it's still won't disappoint you IMO.

Doug

I have just remembered I live in the Great Glen so the highland boundalry fault is perhaps not so accurate. Trying to be too smart and vague

Great just the info I was after. You make me feel better as that is the range I had worked out. You guys are quick to come back thanks!!

Is a Sigma 1600 engine factory built 2009 now called a Zetec engine as I seem to get confused when I try to search about the engine type. I understood the sigma was replaced by a re named engine the Zetec?

Other info i have about the car is as follows. Does this change your thoughts

1. How may previous owners 2 owners
  2. What BHP is the engine and I assume it is fuel injected 1.6 Ford Sigma engine, fuel injected 155bhp
  3. Any tweaks to engine or is it standard upgraded by factory
  4. Full service history no
  5. Which model is it? I assume it is a SEi Yes SEi
  6. Does it have a live rear axel or independent rear suspension independent
  7. Does it have a limited slip rear diff no
  8. Does it have adjustable suspension? Is it 1 way or 2 way adjustable 2 way
  9. Does it have up rated bushes , anti roll bars and rose joints no bars but rose jointed
  10. What gear box is fitted Ford MT75 or a type 9 type 9
  11. What type of sump – is it a dry sump or baffled wet sump
  12. Does it have a Westfield quick rack (steering) standard
  13. Brakes 4 pot or 2 pot 2 pot
  14. Does it have a quick release steering wheel no
  15. Does it have a fully electric heated front windscreen yes
  16. Does it have a full or half tonneau not sure
  17. What are the tyres size and make 195/50/15s
  18. Does it have a heater fitted yes
  19. Does it have a standard fuel tank or is a long range one fitted standard
  20. I know but want to confirm it is supplied with weather gear – side screen and roof Yes in blue

Other items that will influence price ..

RAC or standard rollbar

Type of seats

Analogue or digital instruments

Wide track front wishbones

ARBs

what shocks - Nitron or standard

AP or sierra / golf calipers

Detachable arches

ECU / Throttle bodies

Not sure I know what

ARB are what?

What wide track front wishbones would look like what?

Not sure I wouldknow a nitron shock if it hit me but I know they are 2 way adjustable

AP calipers are I assume a make. I will need to check

Seats are standard with just normal car seat belts

ECU/throttle bodes  - you are now sepaking a diffrent lanaguage

Is a Sigma 1600 engine factory built car in 2009 now called a Zetec engine as I seem to get confused when I try to search about the engine type. I understood the sigma was replaced by a re named engine the Zetec. So Do I actuallu have a 1600ccc Zetec?

ARB = anti-roll bar

AP = Automotive Products (brake brand)

:)

I think the Sigma and Zetec are different Ford engines. The Zetec comes in 1800 and 2000 cc capacities (and there are different variants, black top, silver top, st170 etc) the sigma comes as a 1600 or rather I've only seen the 1600 Sigma in a Westfield. (i'm not sure if there are different capacities)

As standard the 2Lt Zetec fitted to a factory Westfield produces 150Bhp and that's quite a bit of fun so if the Sigma has 155Bhp then it will still be quite a bit of fun on the road. The Sigma engine will be lighter than the Zetec though so the power to weight ratio will be better than the stock Zetec car.

What I suspect is that to get 155Bhp from the Sigma it has been tuned as there may not be much more to give, so if you do get the "I want more power" bug then you will need to swap car or engine. I would also want to know if the 155Bhp is verifiable. Where with the 2lt Zetec if you do want "more power" then there are things that can be done to take it over 200Bhp (though as the power increases these modification become increasingly more complex and therefore expensive) 

Out of interest I drove both a stock Sigma engined car and a stock Zetec Engined car when I did the Westfield experience day and even though at the time I was building a Zetec car preferred the Sigma engined car on the day, even used it to get the best time around the course. 

Thanks for the feedback

I thought the Sigma developed into the Zetec by the time my 2009 car came along --- the sigma was now a 1600 zetec? You seem to suggest not? I can find very littel about more modern variants as it seems they are now called a Zetec.

See section lifted from www

Introduced in 1995, the Ford Sigma is a small straight-4 automobile engine sold by Ford Motor Company. First evolution of engines were sold as the "Zetec-SE" (although frequently badged as Zetec-S, not to be confused with the trim level). After the upgrade Ford renamed Sigma to Duratec.[1] Last upgrade of engine is named Duratec Ti-VCT. The engine was introduced in the mid-1990s and production continues through the present. Like the SHO V6 and SHO V8, the Sigma was designed with help from Yamaha. Intended for Ford's smaller models, it was intended to replace the older HCS (a derivative of the even older Kent unit) and smaller capacity CVH units

I only know it is a 155bhp as the factory told the guy Iam buying from that is what they built . I will find out in the next few days when I actually see the car rather for real. I will try to post some photos

It is nice to hear you liked the sigma more than the zetec

Hi Nessie,   Sounds like you'll have a really nice car considering it's your 1st. Westfield.   It will seem fast whatever engine you have in it, so enjoy it forever and ever.

Regards from down Sarf. Essex