Just joined today and about to buy a 1.6 seiw 155 bhp sigma

lochnessside

Ford engine naming is very confusing.

Burton Power have a good explanation on their site.

Basically, whatever they are called, the older Zetec engines had steel block and alloy head and the later engines are all alloy.

Also the exhausts exit from the left on Zetec and right on Sigma and Duratec.

Sigma is a very sweet reving and nice light engine --- so long as you are happy with the power you have.

If you think you will be buying to upgrade power later then you would be much better to start with the duratec but cost will be £10k plus.

David

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lochnessside

• David-hrv

• Doug Dastardly

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Thanks

I hope to tie the deal up this weekend and then Iam a fully fledged member who knows nothing about cars and can wire a plug just about!!

I suspect you guys will be getting lots of "daft laddie" questions coming your way.

Get ready

Thanks

I hope to tie the deal up this weekend and then Iam a fully fledged member who knows nothing about cars and can wire a plug just about!!

I suspect you guys will be getting lots of "daft laddie" questions coming your way.

Get ready

You sound ideally qualified! :d

Don't you worry, we're here to help, you're family now. Ask away and good luck!

Welcome laddie, we love daft questions  ;)

Welcome to te club. Just ask whatever you need to know on the techie page and someone will answer.

Is Lochnessside Drumnadrochet? Spent a great Easter weekend there in the 80s. Wherever it is, I envy you the scenery and great roads.

Iam on the south east side of the loch ness in the middle of no where but Drumnadrochit is on the other side about 10 north. A nice wee place

I know were you mean, drove along the lakeside road a few times.

Welcome to the club,

All the advice you could ever need is right here and I can see everything you need is covered.

Great first car and a way into the most elite club I've belonged to!

Stephen

Ignore the names which Ford give to their engines, they just cause confusion!

If it was a factory built car in 2008/9 with a 1.6 engine, I'd bet good money it is what we know as the Sigma. It was offered by the factory in 2 stages of tune, the basic standard model from memory (my Duratec engined car was new in 2008) was about 125 bhp claimed, and the uprated Sigma was 155 bhp claimed. At the risk of stating the obvious, the latter had less torque at lower revs but more top end power (about 30 bhp more!). So to accelerate very fast you will have to use more revs., but as already stated it is a very free reving engine, even with standard internals. It should be a great fun vehicle to drive on the road, and if you wish on the odd trackday.

Welcome to the club. We're all daft here some more than others :)

Welcome to the club. We're all daft here some more than others :)

Oi,Phil, who are you calling daft? Have more respect for your elders! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

How far are you from Dores then?

Or Fort Augustus?

nearer to Ft Aug

So it seems most people think 155BHP Sigma will be great car to start off with?

I hope by Sunday night to be able to say as well as being a paid up westfield member I will have a car to go with it.

Roll on Sunday evening