Just joined today and about to buy a 1.6 seiw 155 bhp sigma

lochnessside

I've always liked the blue cars and that looks very nice.   See what you mean about the large steering wheel, with a smaller one the steering will seem a bit heavier but thats normal, you'll just have to get used to no power assistance on anything.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lochnessside

• David-hrv

• Doug Dastardly

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

That's a very nice car you have there. I'm looking forward to seeing it 'in the flesh'. I originally enquired there about the yellow one, but as you say, it was sold. Congrats on your purchase. I'm sure everything will be fine and you'll get used to the feel of it soon enough. You can try my car for comparison, but yours is quicker!

David

thanks for that

I hope to collect sept 4th if all goes well. Will contact you to meet up for a chat

Only 15 more sleeps!

Car now MOT for year. Insured and taxed.

Gear box and engine oil changed and full service done. Gear box linkage to be checked and aligned if needed thus  I might find first gear sometimes!!!!

Now have to drive from Perth to home 132 miles on 4th Sept. Lets hope it is sunshine. I suspect that will be one refuel stop on way

Let us hope no rain and no speed cameras as I trundle up the A9 at 60 or 70 mph. With the wind in my hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that run I will be a fully fledged Westie member who cannot wire a plug but now has lots of real experts who are willing to help.

Thanks

It's a steep learning curve......but loads of fun!

Not long to wait now. If you need a lift down to Perth on the 4th to collect it, just give me a shout.

Cheers

thanks for the kind offer. I should be ok as will be in edinbrurgh returning from my hols so my good lady can provide my support vehicle up the a9. If she can keep up!

No problem. Drove the 150 miles back when collecting mine with my wife following in the chase car. But I had to behave myself:-) Was still fun though! Enjoy!

Only one more sleep now! Excited? I'll look out for you on the B851.

I have a westfield now!!!

15o miles including a wee run with my over half up A9 in full sunshine. What a great first drive.

A steady run up the road getting used things. It does go rather well and it is nice to overtake with lots of flair, loud exhaust and fun.

Passed Stathnairn about 17.20 making as much noise as I could. Filled up once with petrol in Inverness and it looks like I got 35 mpg which is good to know as I no idea what it might do. I rather suspect when thrashed it will be a lot less.

OBSERVATIONS

Still not 100% sure of steering -- so direct and it still feels odd - small adjustments needed only.

Bit scared when 44 tonne artic comes past and you get blown about.

Sounds great!

Still finding first gear hard to find - one in 4 attempts - I hope it is just me and not gear box

ISSUES

It will not go into my bl**** triple garage.It is too low to the ground. I have a concrete lip and gently rise and the hooped gear box protector thing? is catching so I need to lay 4.8m x 150mm planks to get into garage. I will need to think about this as it is a real pain.

Raining now so I will now go and think about delivery of a few tonnes of gravel.

sounds like you had fun :) enjoy :)

Excellent first trip from the sound of it!

Ah, the little complications. A pain at the time, but all make for good stories at the next meet, once you've sorted them.  :yes:  :d 

I think I saw you last night going home about that time. We can just see a wee bit of the B851 through the trees about half a mile away and wondered if that speck moving close to the speed of light was you (5:26pm). Glad you like the car - you'll soon get used to it. Went for a blat last night with my son - only down the Strath as far as Errogie, so not far from you.  I sent you a PM so we can meet up and take a spin.

Take care out there. Weather's looking good at the moment!

Cheers,

David

"Ever noticed how anybody slower than you is an idiot, and anybody faster is a maniac?"

It is not uncommon for people to remove the offending hoop using an angle grinder

Many cars do not have this feature and I do not think it strengthens the chassis