Another Newby

martyblues

Welcome from another newby

The help I have recived off this site has been second to none

They just make it too easy to upgrade !!!!!

Good to hear it's started...

A very nice blank canvass to start with. What would you like to do with it?

My insurance is under £200, unlimited miles, 2005 SeiW 1800 zetec.

There's a thread about Croft track day in June. Be a great day out, I'm going and probably not going on the track due to medical reasons, but be a laugh!

Well thats the insurance sorted had to go with A Flux after all.

So insurance and tax works out at £1.70 per day or about half a pint or about one alcohol unit or about >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

not so bad when you look at it like that.

Hi martin Welcome.Try a company called Frank Pickles.quoted me £89.00 last year fully comp.Made the mistake of having the quote before i had the car.When i bought the car it had gone up by £80.00.Basically you get deals that will only last for 24 hours and you have to snatch their hand off.Will be back to them when re-newall comes around tho.I am with adrian flux but dont like them because they asked for proof of no claims three times.Think they have got to big for their own good really.Just my opinion tho.

Subsy, they've been like that for some time. About 12 years ago I was with them and rang up for a quote to extend the mileage. I got lectured that if I went over the limit I would invalidate the insurance and they were making a note on the policy to that effect.

I tried to explain that I hadn't gone over but probably would and therefore wanted a quote. They just wouldn't listen. Eventually I got a quote but they wanted copies of this that and the other. The quote doubled the premium.

I decided that I should ring round and rang MSM and got 7000 miles, with breakdown cover and legal expenses for £10 more than my existing 3000 miles with AF.

We have already been in contact even arranged a beer :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes: another face to the Lancashire clan :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes: 

Steve 

good skills Marty.... Did steve have his mask on?  :d 

Shhh...  he only does that at handover!  ;)

Well done Martin - you should have a lot of fun with that car...

Hope so got to learn to drive it first,  arriving at the weekend, cleaned out the garage, put the telly,sofa and wife in there, so as to make room for the car in the front room.

• Like 1

hi Marty im the 3rd martin newbie but now the only one without a car  :cry: the hunt goes on .I hope you enjoy yours 

cheers for that Marty ,seems a bit pricey for a 95 and its got no hood some better ones on pistonheads ...if only i had a couple more bags of sand ! :(

Sparky, be patient mate - i waited years for mine and it's better than i had thought -- old skool Ford power.... great noise and great fun.  If I hear of any I will let you know.  Cheers

James