Another Newby

martyblues

sorry, am short of time.  Narrow cars a slightly narrower (he says stating the bleedin obvious) and tend to have a solid axle rather than a diff with independant rear end.  so mine is an SE but you could have a SEi (i for indepndandt) or an SEiW (w for wide)....  the one in the add looks ok but for the same money ish i'd be after the one steve D has for sale on a 1700 x flow..... HTH 

Whether you'll suit a narrow is more about how tall you are than how wide. Narrows tend to fetch less money as a result.

You'll do better than that eBay one for the money. If you're limited to 1600cc then I would look for a crossflow rather than a pinto (but then I'm biased) presuming that you haven't got the budget for a much less common 4age or sigma.

As James said, Steve d's crossflow wide takes some beating for the money spec wise.

Actually, that eBay car is unlikely to have the pinto engine it states since the exhaust is on the wrong side. Most likely crossflow. Doesn't fill you with confidence.

I do 400-600 miles a week, so wanted Zetec. Got wide body too, mine constantly evolves...

When I got it, well I'd already fitted a V8 bonnet, micro indicators and ali exhaust by this point

50DA8CDB-FAC4-482C-8875-3883CA81FF94-695

6 months ago, since then I fitted sport turbo seats, diffuser,tonneau and carbon exhaust!

This month I'm getting airbox/cold air feed and road tax. Next month I'm getting wheels... Upgraditis is common here, unfortunately I'm not sure there's a cure!

Pre zetec Westfield I had a Pinto Robin Hood 2.2, with a Turbo conversion. Not in slightest reliable, hence waiting out for a zetec. But previous owner was a cowboy and I spent every spare day sorting out something he'd messed up.

Sorry, missed half the thread!

SteveD's way I'd go. I'm sure if you ever have a problem he'll guide you or someone here will. X-flow's are very easy to work on, so I've been told, as James said... A great place to start.

Have had a quote from Adrian Flux for that car on ebay under £400 with low miles per year

will give A plan a try

Definitely try A Plan - they were literally half the price of AF when I was shopping around last year.

I know it's been mentioned already, but Steve D's car: http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/99165-westfield-seiw/ looks a cracker... and only an hour from TVR land (assuming no snow on the M6!).

Insurance sounds expensive - I pay £139 fully comp with A Flux for 5,000 MPA

Hey welcome Martin, I'm new her too, I think thats the last 3 newbies are all Martins, strange that!

Anyway from my short time here they are a nice bunch and very helpfull, made me feel very welcome and I'm sure you will too.

Martin

Thank you people for all the welcome posts, and advice!!

I got out the passport,travel insurance, inoculation certificates etc. Put on my red nose,curly wig and funny boots and ventured down the M6 in the wife's Turinmobil.

Had a look at what I went to see, smelt some exhaust fumes, drank a cup of coffee, parted with a few beer coupons, picked up some paperwork and drove back to the frozen north.

The wife was very impressed on my return, her car still in one piece, the latest copy of car mechanics and a new set of overalls in her size.

So begins my affair with westfields may it be a long and happy one.

• Like 1

Welcome! I reckon you've got a cracking car there for the cash.

As said above, try A-Plan for insurance, I would be surprised if your quote was much North of £200.

Hope to see you at the Lancs meets!

Adam