Trackday at Croft all welcome noisy day at a bargain price! June 8th

JeffC

Bank details here???

Yes! It's safe!!!

Do it!

Lol

I propose that as you're doing us a great favour we PayPal gift you. So you're not taking the hit and we pay the few quid it'll cost us to do that. Still a bargain for us and all we need is your email!

ok will look into the paypal thing, I have an account but might set up another.

out of curiosity what can someone do with my bank account details other than pay money in ? I ask as i give them out all the time to customers when they are paying for cars same as if you give someone a cheque my account and sort code is on there ?? 

I can't see much risk but if this thread is members only ask a mod to mark it as such and then I really can't see any risk

Hi, for me and I suspect others, it would be far easier to do a bank transfer. I am not registered with Paypal and I suspect others might not be as well.

PS Thanks for organising this.

I was thinking, to go with my eight valve low tech car, a postal order could be the way to go. :laugh:

and make payment in Shiilings and farthings  :laugh:  :laugh:

I'm inclined to agree that bank transfer is best and if this thread is members only it should be safe, your sort and account details are out there on every cheque you've every written!

If members only and bank details here, I'll do that. I assumed pay pal was a standard thing now and how membership was paid.

Sorry all.

You're correct though, what can someone do with bank details? Not much... But there's massive hype and fear around it, so I guess there must be a wives tale out there somewhere.

JeffC only thing wrong with paypal there is a maximum withdrawal limit (ie to your bank) of 500 usd I think per month until you are paypal 'verified' what ever that is??

How about sending a cheque to your address if PayPal isn't your preferred method ?

Seriously, you do not want to be passing bank sort and account codes around in this day and age...

Can the Mods set up something in the online store for people only listed in the thread ? Then get it to Jeff in one lump to make it easier for him

Beware as well that when your PayPal account goes over £2000 in one year, PayPal will invite you to upgrade and warn you they "may" share your details with tax people etc

I'm happy to send my funds now !

Await feedback

Bob

I did offer to Jeff that we could look at putting it through the WSCC account, but one of the problems is that PayPal takes around 4% straight off the top and it is already priced so as to not make a profit. So 4% would have had to be added. It's actually much better to pay by BACS or by Cheque when there are minimal charges.

That's without even considering that Paypal froze the WSCC account for about 5 months last year and wouldn;t let us take any money out, happy for it still to go in of course !!!! We think that UK banks are bad, but PayPal are something else.  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Yep im up for a laugh, although the little 1600 may be the mobile chicane....

Sorry Jeff, there's one hell of an headache for you! I don't own a cheque book, happy to do any pay pal, balance into account, club thing... Anything.

Yep im up for a laugh, although the little 1600 may be the mobile chicane....

Late to the party again Mark. First reserve? :t-up: