3 abreast bicycle *****************

echoz

I was driving along a country road in Ireland (is there any other type of road in the emerald isle?) some years ago, As we rounded a bend, at a sensible speed, we were confronted by a chap on a bicycle tied to a horse. The horse was in the left hand land, the bike rider was riding down the centre line.

We just laughed and waited for the road to straighten out and then passed.

I was driving along a country road in Ireland (is there any other type of road in the emerald isle?) some years ago, As we rounded a bend, at a sensible speed, we were confronted by a chap on a bicycle tied to a horse. The horse was in the left hand land, the bike rider was riding down the centre line.

We just laughed and waited for the road to straighten out and then passed.

once saw a donkey being driven to wherever , it was sat on the rear seat of an austin1100 the front passenger seat presumably been removed to accomodate its front half , its face was pressed up against the windscreen ,

Only in Oirland ! 

To cap it all,  the place had the poetic name of Ballyjamesduff :)

I saw a sheep in a Berlingo last month...

Evening chaps.  This posting is fast becoming as controversial as `LUNATIC DRIVER`.....LOVE IT...

As drivers we pay road tax & insurance..THE LAW..

Do these cyclists and horse riders?

If not they shouldn`t be on the public highway   TOUGH..

I live in the country,my kids ride horses (in fields) and for what it`s worth that`s my opinion !

Keep stoking the fire boys,,,,,,,this is why we`re loving our forums so much.

• Like 1

I saw a sheep in a Berlingo last month...

i will stick to humans. hope your wife didnt find out or she will fleece you :p

Orses and Pushirons was here before them confounded auto mobiles , agree they should be regulated but it would cost a zilllion times more than its worth to collect the revenue . they would have to create a whole new government dept for the job  

Better plan would be to kick road tax into the gutter altogether and put extra tax on fuel  :t-up:

Then I suppose more would ride to work on an orse else a bike /roller skates etc.   :t-up:

I have a dog in the car quite often.

Answers to the name of Lynne.

(runs and hides)

Orses and Pushirons was here before them confounded auto mobiles , agree they should be regulated but it would cost a zilllion times more than its worth to collect the revenue . they would have to create a whole new government dept for the job  

Better plan would be to kick road tax into the gutter altogether and put extra tax on fuel  :t-up:

Then I suppose more would ride to work on an orse else a bike /roller skates etc.   :t-up:

STD`s were here before penicillin     What would you rather we got rid of ?

• Like 1

Pistonbroke,

I think you mis read it, I spot them a mile off and ease off, clutch down, coast passed ready to emergency stop if they push out any further, then once possible danger had passed I put power on to safely continue. But in a Westfield that causes a pretty loud rumble.

Oh,

My driving is very safe and "Christian" it's just people in Birmingham, it's insane! A military driver, best man at my wedding, does 90k a year. I told him stories on Facebook and he'd say I was on the wrong and clearly if one driver has several incidents, near misses and things everyday, then driver is common denominator and at fault. This went on for months. Then he drove across Birmingham with his commanding officer in the back. He couldn't believe it and said that he couldn't ever imagine anything like I had described.

Then I declared that the reason I have so many "near misses" is because I'm that observant I see more than most people, that wouldn't notice push chair, wouldn't see the signs saying no entry, don't follow one way signs or don't bother to wait in traffic, so fly down wrong side of the road on a red light.

I'll record trips and make up a highlights style film...

STD`s were here before penicillin     What would you rather we got rid of ?

Had to google that one :t-up:

must admit you got me there  :(

Sorry, but I don't understand this. Was she on the wrong side of the road?

about 2 foot onto my side on a piece of road that could fit 3 lanes if there were and reason to, so technically a lane and 3/4 across the road. 

I'm a good driver, I'm a safe driver, I'm fully aware that this bint on a push bike is not paying any attention what so ever, I allow for this when approaching and as expected she turns to face forward and wobbles, seen it coming a mile off, if it had been someone less aware of the danger of a bunch of blithering idiots in charge of push bikes, that lady might now no longer be with us. Just because my car is bigger doesn't mean she has any less responsibility?! My logic when I was on a bike everyday, was that it is my responsibility to not get flattened by someone who doesn't think it's their responsibility, this is how I drive a car also, and so far assuming everyone else is brain dead has saved me from any problems involving the word crash! :)

i will stick to humans. hope your wife didnt find out or she will fleece you :p

It's okay - it had tints!