A little help to ID some old motorsport photos

Andy Banks

Andy

Don't know about the cars

but i had one of the sister cars to no 3, mine was 1338 MP and was registered in 1960

Might help dating it a bit.

Tony

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andy Banks

• Mark (smokey mow)

• geoffd

• pistonbroke

Yep seen em' plenty of replies allready :t-up:

There's some propper anoraks over on the TNF forum :laugh: but some superb knowledge and answers :t-up:

The TNF chaps seems to have it in hand. I must get the rest scanned. Some great answers so far and some great names, Moss, Hill... :)  :t-up:

I've added some more photos to a new gallery here (http://www.wsccnl.co.uk/photos2.php). You should be able to add comments to each picture, if you know anything about the cars, drives, location, date, etc, please add your comments.

Thanks.

Andy's new photos are on TNF now.

Geoff

Thanks very much for doing this for me Geoff.

I’ve added some more photos today, about 20 more to go…

Keep an eye on the gallery over the coming days, if you can add your comments, I’d be grateful :-)

Some cracking photos Andy, I've really been enjoying seeing them :t-up: and what acing used to be like :cool:

1 or 2 I could identify but nothing to add that could compete with those TNF boys, they eat live and sleep motor racing nostalgia .

Might be telling you to suck eggs here but there are some very famous people posting regularly on the Nostalgis Forum , I often spend hours reading the threads as I find them fastinating . Have met a few of there members at race meeting and found them to be fascinating characters , as you might know our own ex Mancs AO Mr Hurdsfield often mixes with the rich and famous and attends there meetings .

Enjoying the photos , keep 'em coming , might be tempted to post some of my old stuff on there one of these days .

Is Lotus No.3 Jim Clark? It looks like his style: black helmet and the inclined head.

Hi again All,

Just to let you know I’ve scanned and uploaded all the Glass Negs, 57 in total. Again, any help with ID would be appreciated which you can do by commenting on each pic in the gallery below.

We are off to Silverstone next week  :t-up:

http://www.wsccnl.co.uk/photos2.php

Silverstone tomorrow  :d

I shall report back on what transpires - main objective to hand over the original glass negs on permanent loan for safe a proper keeping. I suspect the owner will allow Silverstone / BRDC to make copies to display on site, any more than that (selling prints, etc.) we will just have to wait and see.

Unfortunately I STILL can't post over at TNF so I've not been able to add my thanks to those who have contributed. Some of you on here may also be familiar with TNF and you contributions are welcomed - thanks.