new cars

pete g

Daft idea getting 2 cars, buy one that does both jobs efficeintly. Two cars double the insurance and tax for starters   £700? I guess, that's a lot of fuel over a year.

Any VAG TDI 140 engine will do, just have to decide on the body on top.

bernie i agree but i need two cars now and both need to be good on fuel and running costs to keep my expensive hobby going :d  :d  :d

Tow cars - the Volvo D5 is a good torque-y engine but a little gruff at times. When we got our V70AWD the Sorento 7 year warranty thing looked tempting but it's reports as a towcar put us off. There's a new Sorento model out recently, bringing the Sante Fe and Sorento models more closely aligned, that may have done something to alleviate the bad press on towing. The original Sorento with later engine has excellent towing pedigree.

No idea on the runabout cars.

Ford KA a fiat 500?

The fiat 500 is a fiat panda with different body, wheels and interior. I think the panda's lighter too... So out perform the trendy 500? I had an original 500 a few years ago. Loved the revvy little thing. Had a 127 too... I enjoyed flying around town in them. Rear wheel drive and engine in the boot was fun on a wet roundabout!

Had a 127 too... I enjoyed flying around town in them. Rear wheel drive and engine in the boot was fun on a wet roundabout!

Fiat 127 had engine in front  :oops: I had a few of them when I worked for Fiat in the bodyshop ( served time on pandas welding up door bottoms :arse:  ) had a  1300 GT 127 used to rev for England :cool: at the time a pal had a 2.8 Capri and there was little in it :oops:  :d  :d  

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="guest" data-cid="1014008" data-time="1356595704"><p>

Ford KA a fiat 500?The fiat 500 is a fiat panda with different body, wheels and interior. I think the panda's lighter too... So out perform the trendy 500? I had an original 500 a few years ago. Loved the revvy little thing. Had a 127 too... I enjoyed flying around town in them. Rear wheel drive and engine in the boot was fun on a wet roundabout!</p></blockquote>

Yup ka and 500 share the platform ... I had a fiat 126.... Was quite funny till I rolled it on a country road :) lol. Used to have to rush to get out of school before the school bus as it didn't have enough umph to overtake it :)

Peter..

If you dont need a proper 4x4 like X5 or RR for off road I would recommend any of the vag 170 Quattros they have high tow weight and are good on fuel, last few months we have run a golf 4motion  A4 Quattro and A3 Quattro and rated them, very sure footed and Ive had up to 55mpg, I also had a 3.0tdi A4 Avant which was fantastic and equally as good on fuel but if you buying new will come at a price, I have decided on looking for an A3 Quattro black edition 170 manual for  2013 as my towcar and Mrs c daily user, the new 170 tdi CR engine is one of the best modern diesels i"ve driven, Ive had them with up to 160,000 miles now and touch wood I have had no issues as yet , the engine is found in the Seats vw skoda and Audis   :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

jeff looking for possible 4x4 for the time when towing at events got all most stuck a couple of times [gurston] .i think the audi would be to expensive for me servicing costs alone. i want a car that i dont have to worry about for a few years.and then i will service myself.

want good fuel comsumpion and and cheap tax  and tows well. going to keep it for for long while so wants to be practical.

my last car   the fiat multipla i have had from new 12years and to be honest its been a great car tows well good on fuel plenty of room. and i would buy another if they still made them. but its now to old .and not worth keeeping the old girl going.having said that im sure it will still keep going for a few more years if i needed it to.

selling my comfort car merc slk 350 so would like a few more toys on the new one too maybe

Fiat 127 had engine in front :oops: I had a few of them when I worked for Fiat in the bodyshop ( served time on pandas welding up door bottoms :arse: ) had a 1300 GT 127 used to rev for England :cool: at the time a pal had a 2.8 Capri and there was little in it :oops::d:d

Must of been the 126 then. Defiantly engine in rear, I was In there enough! 2 cylinder.

Must of been the 126 then. Defiantly engine in rear, I was In there enough! 2 cylinder.

yep 126 was rear, they were as flat as a pancake to drive :laugh:  

well been out today and kia sportage still looks the best bet to me for tow car  2ltr diesel 186 bhp 4x4 7 years warranty and 5years servicing for £500.

small car still not sure yet

Bulk buy at the Kia dealer? 

(Merry time-between-Christmas-and-New-Year, Pete)

im thinking just the same  buy the sportage get the picanti free :d  :d  :d

any one else interested or do i need a trade account :cry:  :d  :d :d  :d  :d  :d