I don't have / want PayPal

luxseven

Hello,

After two mails telling me to pay for membership renewal, I answered two times that I don't have PayPal and don't wish to have PayPal.

My wish to receive some advice on how to pay remained unanswered.

Hope this post helps me to get some attention.

Cheers.

Jos

Hi Jos,

Good question - a shame I don't have a good answer! But I'll see what I can do - are you happy enough to write a cheque, perhaps? I'll speak to the treasurer and see what alternatives are available and email you back.

Thanks,

Scott :)

That's one of the questions I just emailed the club treasurer! Will get back to you soon - until we get it sorted, I'll stick a week on to your membership for you so you don't get cut back and suffer. :)

• Like 1

I'm with lux' on this.

My preference would be to set up a direct debit, auto payment.

Lux is a slightly different kettle of spanners, owing to his living where he does - in Luxembourg! While I realise PayPal isn't everyone's cup of tea (I hate tea, by the way), it does make life much easier for the club from an administration point of view in that new memberships and renewals are processed instantly. By "processed", I don't mean money taken, I mean all the backstage membership triggers are done as well, particularly the boardroom. A DD would not do that and is therefore no better or less complicated to the club than a cheque. In fact, a DD is MORE complicated to the MemSec (whoever that is) in that there is not necessarily an association between the account a DD is taken from and the member (wife paying for hubby's membership, for example), and therefore very confusing and time-consuming to sort. That's why we almost exclusively deal in PayPal or cheques. But for the rare case like our good friend Lux, we try to go the extra kilometre. :)

Appreciate that! ;)

I'm also aware that there might be some taxes stolen from banks from my place to yours, we all know now that the channel is a dangerous place with ships disappearing rather quickly, though.

So if my membership appears to generate some uncovered expense, just add to the bill what you think it costs. This forum is important and it deserves support.

Cheers.

Jos

• Like 1

OK Jos, just heard back from the Club Treasurer, who's at work at the moment. He's going to email you and I with the club bank details when he gets home tonight so you can do an electronic transfer from beautiful Luxembourg. Once it arrives, he'll let me know and I'll do my backstage voodoo to get your renewal on the account. Anyway, you should suffer no lapse of service. :)

Thank you for your kind words regarding the club as well. On a personal note, I have really enjoyed watching the high level of skill and craftsmanship on your rebuild. :t-up:

I'm with lux' on this.

My preference would be to set up a direct debit, auto payment.

Forgot to add, you can get PayPal to do auto payments as well. :t-up:

I have really enjoyed watching the high level of skill and craftsmanship on your rebuild. :t-up:

Thanks a lot Scott, but then again, the car wouldn't be what it is without this forum :yes: !

Cheers.

Jos

Agree with Lux about not wanting paypal account, I seem to remember some years ago that I paid through the WSCC paypal account and that way I did not need to have an account of my own, is this not still the case?

Jos,

If you transfer the amount of the membership fee on my bank account, i can use my paypal account and pay it to wscc... Maybe the transfer fees between a belgianbank accoun and one from the grand duche are lower...

Let me know...

Regards from your nearest neighbour ;-)

I managed to pay earlier this week using my credit card. If I can do it, it has to be simple. :d :d

I have a paypal account.

However, there's a problem. When we moved here I mislaid my credit card. It has never been found or used since December 2005.

When I next went to use my paypal account I needed to change the credit card number. No problem? Well yes, it asks for the existing credit card number. I do not know it. I spend an hour going round in ever decreasing circles. I raise a support query. Never get an answer. I've fried to open a new account but it won't allow that as when I enter my email address it says "you already have an account".

I had a credit card clearing system from RBS which cost £25 per month with no further charges. I understand from others that paypal charges can be far more than that as it's a per-centage of the transaction.

On the rare occasions that I've bought from ebay and the seller wants paying via paypal I've emailed and arranged to pay by bank transfer.

When my renewal is up I'll ask someone with a paypal account to pay.