Winter Blatting

KugaWestie

I decided to go out for a run late this morning, 2 degrees when I left the house!

It was great to be out in the Westy, did about 40 miles with lots of care as the roads were a bit slippy and you could not really trust them.

Anyone else been out?

I went out to the garage earlier, but thats as far as i got :oops:

Been out a few times!

Love the crisp air, clear sky's and sense of freedom.

To the wife's disgust I picked her up from Christmas shopping! No roof, no doors -2 and not only did she have bags in the foot well, on her lap and in the "boot" but had a tray of doughnuts to hold onto the whole way back...

Is that evil?

• Like 1

I went out to the garage earlier, but thats as far as i got :oops:

Been working on the narrow?

When is the SDV due back?

40 miles yesterday in the South Somerset area - much enjoyment, car not being garaged over winter if it carries on being so much fun in the cold

Not much fun this morning , too cold and the roads stupidly treacherous , decided to get back home and get my model airoplane a bit closer to flying status

• Like 1

I was out yesterday terrorising the mean streets of Milton Keynes. It was VERY slippy!!

yup, out yesterday 60 miles of A & B roads

bl**dy cold, bl**dy slippy & bl**dy brilliant

aeroscreened on AO48r

Been working on the narrow?

Sort of, i cleared the pile of stuff that was on it so i could get to it :d

When is the SDV due back?

i'm not sure, i was planning to call Simon some time this week to see how they're getting on.

I'm in no rush, i'm still collecting bits at the moment for the winter upgrades. The prop is away at the moment being shortened :oops:

West Pennine Moors / Forest of Bowland -

15 Miles last Saturday am

18 Miles Wednesday pm

50 plus Miles yesterday ...

All invigorating if cautious,

& I can't get enough of it!!!

Ye an ok day for a run out in North Wales 7deg, Put the doors on for the first time,!! did 2 circuits the Evo Triangle then back home to thaw out, Roads far to slippy for any speed.

Average temp here is -5°c this month, been out three times in Nov. Brilliant....

• Last year I kept the car on the road through he winter and had many a run out round the Scottish borders in the clear frostty days, and even some snowy ones. It was briliant. I even had the traffic police follow me for about 7 miles in January while they did checks on the car I assume or wait for me to do something daft but didnt give them the satisfaction.

• The only down side is the amount of salt on the roads here.

• I have not taxed the car this winter as I have been away working abroad for the past few months, but now I am home, and if the weather was to stay like this, then I will be taxing it and making the most of all year driving this year again.

Can anyone recommend any cold weather clothes that aren't too bulky for driving the Westfields?

I've got to stock up as I'm heading to Iceland to photograph the aurora borealis in March and it'll be VERY cold! So I'm happy to get something decent that'll keep me warm in the winter months blatting and track days