Oulton Park 28th June

Bananaman

Well done Keith and Stuart  :t-up:

I know we're biased but it was by far the most entertaining race of the day  :D

Where you watching at Knickerbrook then? If so did you see that I got into the lead at one point at Island hairpin. Then cocked it up breaking for knickerbrook. Braked a bit too late and got onto the oil.

Just how did you get round that chicane ???

and yep we were in the YELLOW cars on the outside of Knickerbrook  :cool:

Did you see the WSCC Banner ?

we got a mention from the commentators  :0

And a BIG thanks to mike db for the tickets :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike dB

• Bananaman

• Megablade Paul

• Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

OT but all this talk of Knickerbrook.... reminds me of the Blaster Bates story 'The naming of Kinckerbrook'

Made me cry laughing the first time I heard it

[scott P seemed to be doing ok until he lost it on the last lap (I'm sure he won't thank me for that!]

Mike I`m glad you all had a good day, sorry I had to go so quickly but I had to help get a friend through an issue with the Clerk of the course so that he could race.

The racing was fast and fun apart from when I had a spin when going flat out in fourth, when my front near side just caught the grass when trying to over take John Morton near the end of the race. This caused some damage to the cars steering but not enough to stop me carring onto the end. Any way now need to get ready for Snetterton on the 12th & 13th, so look forward to seeing people there, allways welcome for people to stop by and say hello.

Keith, well done in the race fantasic drive between you and Stuart from what I have been told. I only get to see you on the track in either my rear view mirrors when you are about to lap me or the back of you once you have lapped me!!!

See you in a couple of weeks

Thanks for your support on the day

Scott (car 16)

Good day, thanks for the tickets Mike/Andy - Great race and did'nt car 69 look the dogs b's  :D

I'll try and get the piccies on :)

Evenin' fellas,

My pictures are on the BaT site here:- BaT unfortunately I can't link to my pictures anymore, which is poop!!  :angry:

'Nanaman, there is an image you might like to read in that folder....if yer can, it's the 9200rpm k-series engine  :0

It was in Evo not circuit driver, goodness me.

Good pics Mike :D

Thanks!  :t-up:

I've got the 1.5Mb files if anyone wants a copy  :p  ;)

No, you can't have the F40 pictures! :love:  :love:  :sheep:

OT but all this talk of Knickerbrook.... reminds me of the Blaster Bates story 'The naming of Kinckerbrook'

Simon a friend of mine had the Album waaaaaay back in the sixties  :0  as you said laugh till you cry all the way through :D

Good pics Mike

:0 But they are pictures of cars other than Westfields!! Didn't you know that the Westfield (well mine when it was class B spec) is faster round the track than a Ferrari F40/F50.

:0 But they are pictures of cars other than Westfields!! Didn't you know that the Westfield (well mine when it was class B spec) is faster round the track than a Ferrari F40/F50.

How much will it cost me to get class B spec?  ;)

What engine & weight do I need?  :love:  :love:  :love:  :blush:

Simon a friend of mine had the Album waaaaaay back in the sixties  :0  as you said laugh till you cry all the way through :D

mp3 anybody?

Blaster Bates - The Naming of Knicker Brook. 3.3Mb

And it should be explained that Blaster is a demolition expert using explosives. He lived and worked in the Crewe/Sandbach area and this is one of his after dinner talks on explosives etc.

Blaster is now in his late 70's and still touring occasionally.

Most of his stories date back to the 50's when he was at his prime

The car then was pretty much as it is now but with a 2L Dunnell Zetec producing about 230 BHP, 4 pot light weight brakes and a Quaiffe LSD.

Std chassis and bodywork, rose jointed suspension, about 510KG.

The race was at Thruxton (fast circuit where you would have thought the Ferrari would be quicker) in 1999 I think. Same conditions for their and our race. Cant remember the exact details but I do remember that my fastest lap was slightly quicker than theirs.  :cool:

The car then was pretty much as it is now but with a 2L Dunnell Zetec producing about 230 BHP, 4 pot light weight brakes and a Quaiffe LSD.

Std chassis and bodywork, rose jointed suspension, about 510KG.

The race was at Thruxton (fast circuit where you would have thought the Ferrari would be quicker) in 1999 I think. Same conditions for their and our race. Cant remember the exact details but I do remember that my fastest lap was slightly quicker than theirs.  :cool:

:cool:  so I'd need a 300BHP firebreathing monster for me to beat that lappage then!  :(

Bearing in mind I can't drive the car quick, all it ever does is push on in the corners, it doesn't help when I've not put my new Toyos on yet!  ;)

Anyone want to buy a 150BHP x-flow Westfield so I can  get a VX engine car  :0  :sheep:  :t-up:  :blush:

doesn't help when I've not put my new Toyos on yet!  ;)

Anyone want to buy a 150BHP x-flow Westfield so I can  get a VX engine car  :0  :sheep:  :t-up:  :blush:

Don't you mean, anyone want to swap.....?? ;)  :p

After all "buying" a VX will cost you money...... :devil:  :devil:

Don't you mean, anyone want to swap.....?? ;)  :p

After all "buying" a VX will cost you money...... :devil:  :devil:

Ok then Chrisbin, I'll swap with you as you put it so nicely ;)

I know it will cost money but it would be 'well spent' nonetheless?  :devil:  :0