Manchester Boys and Girls

Megablade Paul

The plan is to attend the Newark show (some great roads) on Saturday 21st June and then drive over to Curborough on Saturday afternoon (some great roads again) for the BBQ's, beers and camping ready for the speed series and all things Westfield on the Sunday, driving home Sunday afternoon (more great roads).

So far, there is Yours Truly, Manchester Mike, AO Hurdsey, Marcus, Kirk and Helen (Adam maybe on his bike?), possibly Wrighster & Kerry. Anyone else welcome. We've still got the details to sort out, start times exact route etc but should be a great weekend  :D  :cool:  ;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Megablade Paul

• kik1.6se

• Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

• MarcusH

I'll already be at curborough. Going on Sat am to prep myself for sundays ss round. I'll keep some beer cool for when you arrive.

Scott

I don't think Helen will be coming to this one (see's not really into car shows), but Adam will be.  He fancies coming as a passenger with me but we'll decide that one closer to the time.  I brought a tent yesterday as well.   :t-up:

Aren't women strange, don't like car shows...what are they like ??? Great if Adam's coming along, I'm sure he'll enjoy both days and Scotts beers :D

Fingers crossed for some decent weather :cool:

When are Marcus and Mike getting back?  What time should we meet for this?  Will we meet at the Horton Arms again?

I would suggest meeting at Mikes  :D

No point in you guys driving north for a meet

thats heading south  :0

I will check it out with Mike and Paul H

and post final details later  :t-up:

Oh btw I know where Newark is  :)

but where exactly is the show taking place  ???

cos I aint been b4

Got back last night exhausted but still with a grin on my face. What a weekend....errr well 6 days actually :D. Weather was generally v hot and sunny (in the 30s I think), the roads and countryside perfect for Westys and the campsite we stayed at was excellent.  

Cant wait till next year already :D  :p  :D

We expect a full report for the next Manchester Area newsletter  :t-up:

Glad you enjoyed it  :cool:

Are you volunteering to co ordinate next years trip  :0

Oh btw did the car perform Ok ?

Yep car was fine thanks...except for the throttle cable which snaped at 120mph.....trying to keep up the the Carrera u see  :D

I thought u were organising it next year  ;)  :p  :D

Cheers Scott, we'll be cheering 4 u on the Sunday
Don't be cheering that Scouser :0  :arse:  :p  :D  :D  :D

Cheer on some Manc's (No.53)?

Andy :t-up:

Yep car was fine thanks...except for the throttle cable which snaped at 120mph.....trying to keep up the the Carrera u see  <!--emo&:D

I thought u were organising it next year  ;)  :p  :D

What do you mean? - trying to keep up.  :0  :0  :0

Thames Valley will be organising something for Le Mans 2003.  Could organise a joint thing with Manchester.  It was like that this year, but just on a smaller scale.

Plenty of room of the campsite - could see 30 or 40 Westies next year.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Pictures can be seen here of this years event

I would suggest meeting at Mikes  :D

No point in you guys driving north for a meet

thats heading south  :0

I will check it out with Mike and Paul H

and post final details later  :t-up:

Oh btw I know where Newark is  :)

but where exactly is the show taking place  ???

cos I aint been b4

Does this mean Hurdsey has got a pass out :0

I agree with Paul not much point in meeting at the Horton, wrong direction. Meet at Mikes for a full English at 8ish then set off - show starts at 10 and we need to be drinking Scotts beer by 7pm at Curborough latest!

The Newark and Notts Showground is at the intersection of A1/A46/A17

Weather forecast on Ceefax looks OK at the moment - sunny spells both days :cool:

Welcome back Marcus, as Paul says we need a report  ;)  :D