Applecross 2013

ziplob

Thanks for the offer of the bunk dmac, but i`ve already booked the b&b at the campsite!

Good to see so many late arrivals  coming to join us :yes: Telomarase .Judder  and Highlander to name a few and of course Bombero for the haircuts lol

Thanks for the offer of the bunk dmac, but i`ve already booked the b&b at the campsite!

No worries bud :yes:

Weather looks a bit hit and miss so far.. Fri showers.. Sat not too bad...  fingers crossed..

Taking one of my small drones to get some aerial pics of the cars this year...   but might just end up using it to keep the midgies away though :-) .. has GoPro 3 Black hung underneath..

ayb.jpg

That drone looks great Craig. I was just saying to Rab the other week, that some video shot by a drone as the cars went through Glencoe would be stunning

• Like 1

That drone looks great Craig. I was just saying to Rab the other week, that some video shot by a drone as the cars went through Glencoe would be stunning

For sure! These quads (DJI Phantom) can't do much more than about 20mph and remain stable. Craig could position himself further up the road as we pass under it :-D

I have a quite a few of these.  . but this one is quite small and fits in a peli case with all its support gear.. which believe it or not will fit in pax footwell of Westy....

Flight time for this one is only @ 5mins per battery...  its bigger brothers can do 20mins + ..  but you need an estate car to put them in.....  this one doesent like the wind too much.. but can get up to over 30mph.. range on this one is prob @ 900m ...  altitude thousand or so feet.  (but have CAA restrictions to 400 feet)

I fly it with Video goggles on.. with live video feed... takes me a few minutes to setup.. need to wait for GPS lock etc... so would need some planning for a drive by etc ....   GoPro takes HD video and also pictures every 3 secs

Here's a wee vid a did a few weeks back..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OqMr037-AAg

• Like 1

Superb footage there Jumpy, capturing 15-20 Westys on a blat through Glencoe or the highlands would make for an epic film judging by that one at Loch Lomond. Make the boys south of the border see what they are missing on our epic trips to camp McWesty

Some cracking footage there jumpy, as Dean said a clip of us all going by or up the pass at the top would be sure to make the Southern fairies jealous :)

Look superb Craig ,

Right guys ,I am buying the food on Tuesday for the BBQ and the Breakfasts Sat & Sun .

Can I get a final list for how many want grub please 

Should be around £10 each for BBQ ,soft drinks and inc breakfasts.

So numbers please!

Cheers Dave :)