Manchester club going to Stoneleigh

Manchester Mike

Paul, scuse the non technical terms but is it just some silicone sealant that i need for above the pedal box (hope you can remember what i mean from looking at the car) and also (sorry prob should be in newbies but do you reckin it will be quite easy to change those lovely leather straps   on my bonnet - will i be left with holes were the rivets were ?

Yep just plain ordinary silicon sealer from B+q, Homebase, Wickes etc.

Leather straps Hmmmmm, that should get some comments.

What i would do is get some overcentre catches at Stoneleigh, remove one of the leather straps, offer up one of the o/c catches to see if the mounting plates will cover the existing holes, if not make up some small shaped cover plates in ali or stainless steel (ali is easier to work unless you know someone with a laser cutter) put the plates over the holes and fix the o/c catches through the plate and fibreglass body, hey presto no holes, no leather straps, and if you do it right the cover plates will look like part of the o/c catches, i will demonstrate on Sunday if thats not too clear  :D  :t-up:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scott beeland

• studbuckle

• wrightster

• Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

b***h in a crossflow

Unless scooby is driving it............. :D  :D

7.30 i'll be there....... :durr:

Any more yellers ?

Ps watch out for the LILAC one  :devil:

Careful Scoob,

Hurdsey will be after you painting those nice new carbon wings yellow... just to be part of the 'in' crowd

"8 valves and proud of it"

Rumour is, Lilac is the new yellow :p

Bananaman, you have mail.

Not going in mine if it's too hot, can't stand it when you burn your a**e on the seats.

Wrightster, We'll sort your bonnet straps on Sunday night after Banamans stellas, no probs ;)

It's a bit quiet on the Manchester Mike front, what you up to MM, still camping? better had be, and hope we're going for a decent meal somewhere before the caberet Sunday evening, can't eat burgers for 2 days  :angry:

Yep just plain ordinary silicon sealer from B+q, Homebase, Wickes etc.

Careful there fella. Some/most/all bathroom type silicon sealant has an anti fungus additive which eats aluminium/metal, and maybe fibreglass. Get some "proper" silicon sealant from an automotive supplier......

Thanks for the offers lads :)

Paul - what time are you setting off from your's ?

Karl  - good to see your back on the road, ill probably meet up with paul to start with as he lives nearer to me, but once i've been reminded of the zetec power experience I may, if ok, take up your offer and change over at Knutsford services to experience the Vx power, I'll probably be ready for a snooze by then anyway :arse:  :p

Cheers

Glen

I'll probably be ready for a snooze by then anyway :arse:  :p

Sounds like a challenge  :devil:  :cool:  :cool:

see you at 7:30  :D  :zzz:  :zzz: