• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Blatman

• Graham.J

• RICHARD+PHILIP

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the youth of today, what he needed was a good kicking from his dad. I employ lots of younger people and they all have the same attitude, i.e they know it all. Even when faced with the inescapable facts they are wrong they still make excuses to blame something else for their failings. After the first 5 mins of watching this I wanted him to put it in the wall at high speed. The game boy generation do think every thing is easy my freinds son is convinced because he can drive a simulator quicker than me and fly an f14 in simulation the real thing is a piece of cake. Which is probably why he can't pass his test. I would personally have given anything to have that sort of chance as would lots of others instead it was wasted on a self centred t0sser who will never amount to anything at all in life unless someone gives it to him.

I must agree with all the comments so far - what a complete waste of space he was!

At the start of the program he was bleeting on about showing all these F1 drivers up and that he firmly believed he would win the race! Yeah right, as previously said he couldnt even keep it on the track in a Seat Ibiza!! The mistakes he was making even after 3 weeks were horrendously bad, beginners mistakes - he obviously thought he knew everything and didnt listen to any advice at all!

Hmmm what a complete waste though, most decent people would have given their right arm for this kind of chance!

I was waiting for him to bin it big style, but since his driving was sooooooooooo bad he wasnt going fast enough to do any damage if he had of crashed!!  :D  :0  ;)

Ah well the youth of today, makes me feel old at 28!!!!!

:0  ;)

PS and dont forget all you Speedseries racers - you must, no MUST pre-bake your tyres before the race!!!  :durr:  ;)  :0  :D  :p

I couldn't believe he had been going around Rockingham for 4 weeks in the same car and was still fluffing gears.....

Did you hear his first conversation with the instructors and Johnny Herbert, extolling the virtues of racing games, to learn braking points etc.....

Drive for real like you do in a racing game and you will be in hospital within a few laps....

Mr. Herbert could tell he was a ****** from the off, and as for spending the evening in Monaco. Oh my God.....

And the America versus Britain debarcle... He needed a good punch.. Arrogant bleeder.....

How do people get onto these programs. Thousands of others would have bent over backwards for the same opportunity...

Agree with all the above, me and the missus couldn't believe what an arrogant nunney he was!

I remember reading about this prog in Motorsport News a few weeks back where it mentioned something that wasn't subsequently shown  ???  apparently he was taken to a Kart track and entered into a race (where he came last, surprise surprise!;) but the best bit was that all the other drivers were teenage girls and the winner was just 14 !! - pity we couldn't see his face and hear his excuses for that  ;)

Oh, and what about the bloke he actually overtook in the race - I bet he felt a plonker being beaten by this nunney.........

Funniest bit was that he managed to fool the journalist from the Sun  :arse:  :D  :p  :durr: - does anybody get past page 3 in the Sun - to read the sports pages?  :sheep:

Oh - what happenned in the final interview - I was watching it on video - and it cut off just after all the instructors had said with glee tha they never wanted to see hime again - they cut back to 'the driver'(sic) - and I was straight into a month old Eastneders  :angry:  :arse:  :durr:

Hmmmmmm

so is it worth me watching the tape I made ...........???!!!

Managed to catch the first 15minutes and have to say that I came to same conclusion as everyone else seems to have.

But I was hoping maybe things might improve........ ???  ???  :D

Oh, and what about the bloke he actually overtook in the race - I bet he felt a plonker being beaten by this nunney.........

Probably, the top had come off his water bottle  :D  :D  or he had overcooked his tyres in the oven :durr:  :durr:

David

C4 have just put up the 'where are they now' bit for the programme - in your own words - take it away Phil...

"I don't think I have changed at all. Maybe I take a bit more notice of motorsport, but I was always a big fan. I've got a motorsport licence out of it, so that is something. I would like to continue with motorsport, but it is a money thing. To do a season of Renault racing would cost about £30,000. As part of the Faking It training, they taught me how to get sponsorship. I have already approached three companies in Lincoln, but they all are waiting to see the programme before they commit."

"Doing Faking It hasn't made me think differently. From what I have heard, I come across as arrogant in the film, so when I see it, maybe I'll take a step back. But I think that I'm a good listener. "

I can just imagine the looks of relief on the faces of the guys who were waiting to see the programme before commiting their companies to sponsor him

What a complete and utter toss pot!

I blame his bl**** parents... thay must have told him "how great he was" at everything he did and "how wonderful he is".  This is the only way an ego like that could ever have developed and emerged into civilised society.

They should have clipped the little nunney around the ear now and again.  Maybee they will now!

:angry:  :angry:  :devil:

But I think that I'm a good listener

haaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaaa LOL ROFL etc etc. Words cant describe just how wrong that statement is

What an a**ehole that bloke is, 4 weeks training at Rockingham and he took sod all notice of what he was told. If he'd listened, learned, tried his very best and just not been able to get the hang of it then it would be different, but he just threw it all away because he thought he knew it all.

Total, total waster. I just feel sorry for the people who employ him.

chrisbin & wrightster - do watch the tapes, its one of the most entertaing bits of telly I've seen for a long while even if it is for the wrong reasons.

I've just found this on the channel 4 website. It includes a quote from one of the mentors :-

Do you think you could learn to Fake It as a games tester?

I think I could. Absolutely. You have to have a winner's mentality and I think I have got that. It's got to be a piece of p***, just flicking a few fingers. Oh no ... I'm beginning to sound like Phil now.

LOL  :D  :D