Insurance

bristolwesty

On my tin-top my insurance through Aviva went up to £700 this year. I rang the RAC and they wanted £350, plus I got a free meerkat toy :d When the policy documents arrived, the RAC insurance is under-written by, you guessed it, Aviva.

The insurance industry has basically gone down a self-defeating path of judging success by the amount of new business they attract. Rather than trying to keep low risk customers who don't claim they are instead using them to subsidise new customers in the belief that more customers = better.

Best advice when renewing insurance is shop around ! Loyalty counts for nothing as far as the insurace companies are concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

Just changed to A-Plan, exactly the same policy as FL (breakdown, legal,injury), 3000 miles, lower excess and £72 saving!

That is half a track day!

Ant

• Like 1

I will also be changing to A-Plan. £135.00 full comp, 30 days euro cover and legal cover

That's cheaper than last year!!!

That is half a track day!

If you ever do one again....... :laugh: :laugh: :t-up:

Topic Save for when my insurance is due :yes:

• Like 1

Just got my renewal via email flux wants £260 this year they can go jump I ain't paying that that's £50 more that last year!!! See what A-plan come up with.

Just got my renewal via email flux wants £260 this year they can go jump I ain't paying that that's £50 more that last year!!! See what A-plan come up with.

Give me a call on 01635 874646 and i'l see what i can do for you

Clare

After my great experience with A-Plan I have just refered a friend with his Lotus S2... I hope you can help him too :-)

They do Xtreme's as well. :yes:

One call and saved myself about £50 from my renewal, can't be arsed phoning 101 companies, so A-Plan have my business for the next 12 months :t-up:

Moved mine to A-Plan this week, Pickles put the renewal up even though my son on as a named drivers age had increased to 25.

Lower excess and premium with an underwriter I have been with before. Thanks Clare!

Been on the phone to A-Plan this morning too - friendly people and very efficient which seems to make a change nowadays! Premium a bit more than my current insurer, but no 'admin fees' (hate them!) so cheaper overall :)

Quick question for the WSCC masses... Agreed valuation. Worth doing or not? Had a chat with FP about it (which peed me off a bit to be honest - the person I spoke to was rather blunt and basically told me I'd get less than I valued the car at if it was written off, despite my figure being highly realistic IMO), and they said I would need to send photos etc in order to do this. Thanks in advance!

Quick question for the WSCC masses... Agreed valuation. Worth doing or not? Had a chat with FP about it (which peed me off a bit to be honest - the person I spoke to was rather blunt and basically told me I'd get less than I valued the car at if it was written off, despite my figure being highly realistic IMO), and they said I would need to send photos etc in order to do this. Thanks in advance!

If you can get it, then it's extra peace of mind. However, it's what helped drive me away from Sureterm - not the need to send photos to start with which I totally get, but the fact that they wanted six new photos, signed and dated, each and every year despite nothing on the car having changed. That was a pain in the :arse: too far.

Hmm. 6 signed and dated photos would be no problem for me really. I'll give A-Plan a shout and see if they offer it - thanks!

Moved mine to A-Plan this week, Pickles put the renewal up even though my son on as a named drivers age had increased to 25.

Lower excess and premium with an underwriter I have been with before. Thanks Clare!

Not a problem ... glad to help :)

Been on the phone to A-Plan this morning too - friendly people and very efficient which seems to make a change nowadays! Premium a bit more than my current insurer, but no 'admin fees' (hate them!) so cheaper overall :)

My colleague Chris gave you the quote, agreed value is available on this policy. All we would need is 6 photographs to get it confirmed. If you have any questions about the agreed/market value policies we offer please call me or Chris on 01635 874646 and we can explain further.

Thanks

Clare

Cheers Clare!

Edit: Just spoke to Clare - kindly talked me through the agreed valuation (which is free!) so I'll be getting the pics sorted shortly.