Anyone Going To Stoneleigh Sunday 6Th May From Oxfordshire?

KugaWestie

Thinking about it - we could meet a J10 on M40, then cut down to Baynards Green, through Aynhoe and Adderbury, into Banbury and then pick up Captains route.

Lol... OK, will do this week, just a shame to waste a Westy on 20 miles of M40. The Harbury road has a downhill run followed by a quick right uphill turn that takes your breath away in a Westy, real spine tingler and leap of faith...if youre brave enough! :)

Yes, Esso at Baynards would be even better

Captain to run out a nice route for us :t-up:

• 2 weeks later...

What time will your meet be there? I am organising the Thames Valley Members convoy and was going to include a meeting point around where your planning on meeting for the members who are in the Northern part of the region.

We normally have about 5 cars from Reading then another 5 meet around Oxfordshire area so nothing too huge.

We have not sorted out a time yet to meet at Baynards Green. What time will your convoy be coming through?

Sounds ok to me

How about it - Geoff, Nathan, Adam - 9am good for a meet up at Baynards with the Thames Valley convoy?

Yes, Esso at Baynards would be even better

Captain to run out a nice route for us :t-up:

1) A423 from Banbury to Southam, the A425 to Leamington Spa, turn right at the fork when you reach The (closed) Oak Inn in Leamington and head for the town centre, then on to Stoneleigh.

2) Alternatively, take the A422 from Banbury to Stratford upon Avon, then pick up the A46 which will take you to Stoneleigh.

3) Or A422 from Banbury to just before Ettington and turn right on to the Fosse Way, then through Leamington again as above via the A425.

If it was me, I'd take either 1) or 3). 1) has a tremendous run between Banbury and Southam with a downhill run immediately into an uphill run with a blind turn at the top where you can actually pull some negative G - great if you catch the traffic right. 3) has the run past Edgehill but with a great downhill corkscrew, followed by the legendary Fosse Way (watch for a couple of speed cameras, though).

If I had to choose a run that would put a smile on my face.... I'd go for 3) and hope the Bank Holiday idiots weren't out in force. 2) might be a problem with traffic levels in Stratford, but a group drive-by pose through Stratford might be fun too.

There's a couple of other ways but you'd go past Stoneleigh and would have to double back.

All much nicer than the M40.

Had a look at the long-term weather forecast, and not wishing to curse things, it's for partly sunny and dry with temps in the low 60s - I'd grab that with glee if we get it.

HTH!

I thought you said early? :)

9am is fine by me (providing I pass my MOT tomorrow!).

• Like 1

09:00am is great for me. We are following you then Capt'n

Good luck with that mate, I live in Leamington about 10 minutes from Stoneleigh. :t-up::d

Good luck with that mate, I live in Leamington about 10 minutes from Stoneleigh. :t-up::d

Oh yeah forgot. As you live so close I reckon you need a good run out anyway :)

Oh yeah forgot. As you live so close I reckon you need a good run out anyway :)

I do, but then I need to be at the show early before it starts - have yourselves a great blat getting there!