Car Accessory Upgrades Of The 60's

SootySport

Didn't Weller wheels do those widened wheels?

Are WW still eround?

a

Smokey Mow has bought some Wellers for his latest build.

Yes it does happen still, some cars are prone to static and some not. My Skoda Fabia was always giving me shocks but strangely not the wife.

Transport inspector at the firm I worked for poo pood the dragging chains theory due to the fact that the static was built up in your clothes , could explain why some get shocked others don't I suppose :suspect:

My mini was bored out to 950cc, had a half race cam, wheel arch extensions (spats) 5 1/2 J steel rims not yer minilites which cost an arm and a leg, radial tyres not yer cross plies, 1 1/2" wheel spacers each side or was it wider?, 40DCOE carb, spax adjustable shockers, straight through big bore exhaust, Astrali steering wheel, Paddy Hopkirk "Rally" seat covers, buckled tie downs on the bonnet, two stripes on the bonnet until I sprayed the whole thing Aubergine, SPQR remote gear change, interior plastic trim painted with upholstery paint - matt black of course, fly off handbrake, later grill with chrome slats, one of those new fangled wirelesses couldn't afford an 8 track. Probably did 0=60mph in 9 seconds can't remember but sounded really good with the webber barking away under the bonnet. 2 Cibie Oscars with another big round fog light on the boot. Oh it had an oil cooler and a few other goodies in the engine like a centre main bearing strap fully balanced and nitrided crank. It also had about every smiths gauge known to man and a yazaki rev counter.

Cost all an apprentices money and some more, reliable not really whenever it rained you always had to spray the electrics at the front HT leads etc. Fun, yes bags of it that was from 1968-1973. Front brakes never did get round to fitting those 1100 discs or negative camber lower suspension arms, which remained in my mothers garage till a couple of years ago.

The Esso tiger tails and bullet holes were earlier definitely '60's.

All good harmless fun and I guess I learned a bit about cars and engines, taking a mini engine out was easy the second and third times when you had modified the radiator mountings etc

Sold it for £70 in 1973. Spent that much on an Indian meal last night, how things have changed.

Bob :d :d :d :d

nice one Bob