Peco exhaust booster was super :cool:

hub caps removed :yes:

copy of Aughtosport in back window :)

phony powr bulge :(

bonnet catches :)

flared wheel arches :laugh:

printed sunscreen thingy's with driver and girl friend name :cool:

• Like 1

When I were a lad I half-inched an 8-ball off the local pub pool table, drilled and tapped in the school DT room for a gear k.nob ... edit ... why won't the swear filter let me write that! Also sanded the back off my blue Ford badge and painted it red. It's all about the cheap mods when you're 17.

Chrome finish sticky tape and chequered sticky tape

Sounds like the modern craze of carbon sticky tape.

What's this new craze of the sticky upy things on people's bonnets driving round here lately? What do they do, or should I say what are they supposed to do? Another one, stretched tyres, what is that all about? Looks like if you take a roundabout at speed they'll fall off the rims... found a picture:

15791090xm3.jpg

First saw those on US cars in Europe, when I was over there in the eighties. They were called "car-bra's", (I kid you not), and were designed to protect vulnerable painted noses from stone chips etc.

My Beetle had a chequered bonnet cover

I had Cibie Oscar Pluses on most of my cars for local rallies

Fuel was CHEAP

Leather effect lace on - oh yes!

When I were a lad I half-inched an 8-ball off the local pub pool table, drilled and tapped in the school DT room for a gear k.nob ... edit ... why won't the swear filter let me write that! Also sanded the back off my blue Ford badge and painted it red. It's all about the cheap mods when you're 17.

Sounds like the modern craze of carbon sticky tape.

What's this new craze of the sticky upy things on people's bonnets driving round here lately? What do they do, or should I say what are they supposed to do? Another one, stretched tyres, what is that all about? Looks like if you take a roundabout at speed they'll fall off the rims... found a picture:

15791090xm3.jpg

Car Bras, yes I've seen them, the only problem is, if you don't keep the bonnet and the vinyl spotlessy clean you end up with more scratches.

All the other 60's mods mentioned I remember well. Thought of another --Chrome Bullet wing mirrors.

Leather effect lace on - oh yes!

Mine was a genuine leather jobbie made by "Paddy Hopkirk" brand.

Little driving light/spot light things mounted on the wings/doors that you could reach and aim from the front seats.

But there was also petrol at 4/4d a gallon...

I think that would have been the early 70's. I had my first car, a Triumph Herald in 1970 on my 17th birthday and as I recall petrol was around 2/6d a gallon then, although it did go up quite quickly. I used to drive to school and my dad gave me 10/- a week (50p to you youngsters) for petrol.

...and I fitted a Peco exhaust, lots of extra gauges, a little steering wheel and bullet mirrors....chavtastic!

Little driving light/spot light things mounted on the wings/doors that you could reach and aim from the front seats.

Yes, that was an American idea from the Police, it was so they could see sideways at the house names and shifty characters on the sidewalk, not many rural areas have streetlights.

Guages, yes you had to have lots of gauges, even if they didn't work :d

Door mirrrors was another one, at that time loads of cars had them on the wings.

And another must have was the rear fog lights :laugh:

I certainly remember 4 gallons for a quid in my old 100e pop

Those were the days :laugh:

Come to think of it my westy has more extras than some of my old road cars.