New Project Has Arrived

SteveD

yeh dans had to change his back to rhd because of rule changes in the championship this year

Intresting read Peterg, Slightly puzzled about the central driving position.....said they had been excluded from racing in the technical write up?

dan is racing in the nsscc this year and for this year they have changed the rule to no central mounted seat, tbh there is quite a lot that feel a car like an elise shouldnt really be in the class and should be in the kit car class as everyone else has "normal " tin tops in class D, I thought about building a vauxhall vx 220 with a falkner 1600 motor circa 220bhp but decided that would be taking the mick as would take the p*ss in the 1600 class and looking at previous years entrants wouldnt be in keeping with other cars but looking at who and whats entered this year I think im wasting my time and money with my saxo and should have gone with plan A :(

ps. im not 100% certain but think he is racing the lotus as it is so they must have relaxed the rules if thats the case ?

well picked up my new project this morning ,brand new s1 elise chassis and sills ready for project X

iys sat in my garage for a few days until i move it up to the workshop where there is a bit more room ,just needs a dust off before i start ,these s1 chassis are not available anymore so was lucky to get it

utf-8BSU1HMDA0ODQtMjAxMjAyMTItMTI1MC5qcGc.jpg

Dont think much of the mirrors :)

another one being done here Nick so you can see how to move steering column, pedal box and seat http://www.exiges.com/ubbz/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=171383
That poor lads been kicked out of the northern saloons before hes started as new regs came out banning a central seat positions after he built the car

Ooops I need to keep up, one of the quirks of the new boardroom is that you can thnk you are at the end of a thread and there are other pagess..DOH

Edited by cast iron
  • Like 1

dan is racing in the nsscc this year and for this year they have changed the rule to no central mounted seat, tbh there is quite a lot that feel a car like an elise shouldnt really be in the class and should be in the kit car class as everyone else has "normal " tin tops in class D, I thought about building a vauxhall vx 220 with a falkner 1600 motor circa 220bhp but decided that would be taking the mick as would take the p*ss in the 1600 class and looking at previous years entrants wouldnt be in keeping with other cars but looking at who and whats entered this year I think im wasting my time and money with my saxo and should have gone with plan A :(

ps. im not 100% certain but think he is racing the lotus as it is so they must have relaxed the rules if thats the case ?

spoke to dan friday ,he has changed the seat back to rhd

anyone recognise my new apprentice

utf-8BSU1HMDA0OTItMjAxMjAyMTctMTAwMi5qcGc.jpgutf-8BSU1HMDA0OTQtMjAxMjAyMTctMTEyNC5qcGc.jpgutf-8BSU1HMDA0OTYtMjAxMjAyMTctMTUxOS5qcGc.jpg

some progress this week donor car stripped and new chassis being built up now ,sills painted reay for fitting tomorrow ,then m sport rear clam to pait ,its going well with my new employee on the case ,nice to have a apprentice after addvertising and getting no one ,up pops the 77 year old ninja kid ready for action with the spanners

Does Marshall know he's done all that work so you can turn it Kermit green? :laugh::p:oops:

shreck green wuv :yes:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its one of those £20 paint jobs that roger rabbit is famous for