• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

New Project Has Arrived

SteveD

well picked up my new project this morning ,brand new s1 elise chassis and sills ready for project X

iys sat in my garage for a few days until i move it up to the workshop where there is a bit more room ,just needs a dust off before i start ,these s1 chassis are not available anymore so was lucky to get it

utf-8BSU1HMDA0ODQtMjAxMjAyMTItMTI1MC5qcGc.jpg

A new project thread started by Steve where we didn't spend the first three pages guessing what it was! A record! :d

Looking forward to it wuv, enjoy!

:laugh: i said i would never build another ,but the oportunity came knocking and its summat i wanted to do ,a fully focussed lightweight sc,cc honda engined motorsport bodied car with central driving posistion fully caged ,polly windows,front 1 gallon fuel tank etc etc ,running slicks for sprints :yes:

ooh er, dribble, dribble :cool: :cool: :cool:

yes becuase im using lightweight s1 motorsport bodywork and its a lighter chassis than the s2

When you get them back to the chassis there is not much too them, But very clever use of aluminium and looks a good strong torsionally stiff chassis :d

When you get them back to the chassis there is not much too them, But very clever use of aluminium and looks a good strong torsionally stiff chassis :d

the early chassis are known to be totally over engineered and very very strong ,it weighs in at 63 kg i cannot lighten this obviously ,but i can use minimal components and use ultra lightweight bodywork and polly windows ,i am removing the monsterously heavy alloy door hinges/impact bars and also half the door shells etc ,everything will be minimal even me :laugh: i have lost 1 and a half stone sinse xmas ,just another 4 and a half to go :yes:

if you look at the evora chassis you can see the difference and how much they have removed

http://www.automobil...hassis-side.jpg

and the s1 elise

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREevGfntL4_QAbjPyV8IY4glFDRsekPK3KBOgMc7PutGiy_qEydw

:laugh: i said i would never build another ,but the oportunity came knocking and its summat i wanted to do ,a fully focussed lightweight sc,cc honda engined motorsport bodied car with central driving posistion fully caged ,polly windows,front 1 gallon fuel tank etc etc ,running slicks for sprints :yes:

:love:

Sounds fun!

i reckon you can save some weight by not adding so many stickers like in the photo... :p

If you are doing central seat, then presume you are moving pedal box & steering wheel ? or have you got a different plan.