New Thames Valley Area

shaun

Its official :t-up:

New meeting for the Thames Valley Area has a new venue and date.

The venue is:

The Old Devil, Knowl Hill, Bath Road, A4 (between Maidenhead and Reading).

Coming from Maidenhead direction the pub can be found on your left just after Knowl Hill.  From Reading it is on your right just before Knowl Hill.  I have provided a map link for you below.

Dates are 2nd Sunday of each month, starting March 10, 2001, from midday onwards.

Everyone is welcome, you don't have to own a Westfield to come along.

Looking forward to your support, I certainly need it!;)

Click here for a map

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shaun

• gee_fin

• Blatman

• fordy

Top Posters In This Topic

Dates are 2nd Sunday of each month, starting March 10, 2001, from midday onwards.

Everyone is welcome, you don't have to own a Westfield to come along.

That sounds alright. I might even take a drive down there. I've marked it on my calendar.

Keith.

Thanks for your message Chris.

I could relate to your article in the latest club mag.

Once we get things going, you're not that far, we'll organise a to meet up.

Shaun

Second Sunday, starting on the 10th? I'll try and make it along. I'll have to lock me bonnet though, otherwise GeeFin will be in there trying to nick my injection/carbon fibre panels...... :p  ;)

Injection yes. Carbon panels no :p

Incidentally, I learnt over the weekend that there's another carbon car down here, running a V6 Ford engine or something. It's been along to the local c******m meets a couple of times. Have to see if we can track this one down and get a nose at it. Sounds interesting.

I've seen a V6 Westfield at the Penn Sevens meeting (last Sat of the month). It looks suspiciously like Steve Broughtons car from circa 1995. It certainly isn't carbon, bit does have some carbon in it IIRC. P'raps you should come along to Penn one of these days?

Ill be there.

Damm and blast!!!!!!!! - I have now realised (or at least been reminded by her indoors) that i cant make the 10th - shes riding (a horse!!;) in a sponsored ride which i said ages ago id help out at - b*******, b*******, b*******!!!!!!!!

Ill definietely be at the next one.

Sorry

chris

Chris

I thought I was under the thumb.  My wife too, keeps horses, and yes like you, I have been roped into helping out at shows etc.

Hope you have put her straight.  You can tell her the next time you need to go to a Westy show - she needs to come along to give you some support - to help you check the oil, tyre pressures etc.  Seems fair.

And also - she can muck out the garage occasionally.

Look forward to meeting you when you next make it.

Regards

Shaun

:)  Im not letting her near my garage!!! - the way shes mucks her horse out, id end up will all my tools in a pile outside!!!

She did ask to be put on the insurance though, so getting her to help me out at a westy show looks vaguely feasible!!

Hope the meet goes well.

cheers

Chris

10 March 2002

Just over a week to our first meet.

Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Old Devil :devil: