• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Cambridge Area Alconbury Handling Day 2012

chazpowerslide

Westfield run their event at Millbrook.

Might be an option.

Windy (Graham) on here works there and may have a contact

Wittering or any local airbase would be ideal for tyre shredding - I would imagine the likes of Millbrook may come at a premium??

Javelin run a lot of trackdays at airfields like Wittering and Woodbridge and they only get complaints about tyre noise so I don't think it would be a goer at one of those, we have to think of a very "remote" venue.

SantaPod also used to offer an area for drifting on their RWYB days. Would probably be cheap mid week.

SantaPod also used to offer an area for drifting on their RWYB days. Would probably be cheap mid week.

They do indeed but it is a bit cramped.

Hello Chaz

I came across this whilst browsing around (you may have spotted it already) It's at Barkstone Heath, near Grantham, so not a million mile away for you usual crowd and seems to offer up some tyre-shredding fun!

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=515itemid=11

Ben pointed me to this one Mark, it looks good value and as you say Barkston isn't too far away.

I'm still looking over some alternatives.

Chaz.

If we know where they live, I could drive past several times....... Damn Nimbys, i remember the noise the Phantoms and A-10s that they used to have, now they were noisy.

you would understand if it was a regular occurrence wouldn't you - but I cannot believe there are lots of similar events happening at this venue??

I have a 2 mile drive made of hardcore and stone - if you want to shred tyres lads just come on over, and sumps, nose cones, diffusers etc etc etc - seriously I hope you gat a day sorted somewhere soon and it stops raining..... all the best, james

Thanks James.

I have a few Irons in the fire and may be able to confirm altenitives next week.

Bear with me.

Chaz.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chaps.

I have now come up with a blank on an alternative venu on the same date with this.

The one I was looking at does not have any dates left for this year and the two other alternatives have not panned out so it looks like a WSCC only event is off for this year.

I think the best alternative would be this.

http://www.javelintr...cchk=1&Itemid=1

At £89 ti looks like good value and Barkston Heath is not too far off for most of us.

This is on the same date as the origional event at Alconbury and as such if we get the same numbers we could still have a goot dime as a group.

I have spoken to Colin at Javlin and he would run this exclusively for us if we get 15 on the books.

He needs an answer sooner rather than later.

We had the following on the books for Alconbury.

Clarke Clegg (Cleggy)

Evo97 (Nathan)

Dave Greaves (Loco R1)

Paul Townsin (Ptownsin)

Soot1e

Mark Bently (SparkyB)

Tony (Housebutition)

Bryan (Flash1)

Andy (Andacami)

Dave Birch (XTR2Turbo)

Kevin Greaves

Matt Knight.

That was 12 confirmed.

I also had Matt F and Ibbo as provisionals.

That would make 14.

Spectating.

Chaz.

Mark J

Is there anybody else out there that fancys a go at this as the minimum number would be 15 for a WSCC only event.

I have PM'd the people above to re-check interest.

Chaz.

So is this on Sunday 12th. Aug? If so I'm having trouble time wise, got to change my alternator and tyre to get the westy going again.

I am up for this Chaz still (assuming it is Sept 30th as per the link) - have seen this one on the Javelin site a few times and thought it would be a good day :t-up:

Do we just book with javelin as usual? I see there is another car booked on this event alreay