Jaguar X-Type Diesel - Any Good?

Man On The Clapham Omnibus

Sounds the best way, no lamp failures anomalies that way. Then there's the parking sensors to silence... :oops:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Man On The Clapham Omnibus

• Geoff101

• uk89camaro

• Hammy

There is a sensor disable switch on the centre console of my car, is there not on the Jag? My parking sensors are very good at detecting the caravan is there.....doh! Also, before anyone says owt, I had the parking sensors fitted as I seem to have a history of reversing into things.... :blush:

For servicing, I've just signed up to the Ford Smart Service deal as discussed on Money Saving Expert I don't knowif it's still available but if it is, it seems like a good deal.

I'm paying a shade over 17 quid a month for a 55 plate 2.0TDCi Focus.

I already have a plan for the DMF... ;)

The only other common fault in this model is that Jag sent a load of paperwork to the DVLA that caused a lot of non Sovereign X-Types to be V5'd as Sovereigns. My 2.2D Sport Premium says "Sovereign" on the V5. However, it bothers me not because I didn't go looking for a Sov, and I much prefer the look of the SP, no horrid wood.

I haven't read of any disasters on the Jag forums in regards to the cruise software fix though. I haven't had mine done though.

If you have the energy to read all the way through, it appears that there was a batch of sub-Sovereign spec cars that were mis-identified as Sovereigns by the factory in their submission to dealers. These have only come to light recently, it seems. I trawled through the specs and cannot find any anomalies in my car's spec but some poor sods have paid Sovereign price for SE cars. Add a dollop of myth and rumour and stir...

http://www.jaguarfor...=52094&start=30

repost old chap.

repost old chap.

An interesting variant on this alleged scam by dealers is that the car I have bought whilst a definite Sovereign model as attested by Jaguar against the VIN, is registered as an SE saloon. My suspicions were aroused by the fact that it not only bears all the hallmarks of a Sovereign, but it's an estate! :durr: No dealer is likely to sell a Sovereign as an SE as a scam, it's priced somewhat lower than the correct spec.

Don't think Jaguar are alone in supplying below spec cars,previous posts were comparing Xtype/Mondeo, the Mondeo Ghia X should have leather upholstery, many have the X badge but have cloth, would the dealer point this out to the new owner and was there a Ford approved reduction for this??????????????????????????

I've noticed the Mondeo discrepancy Iain, but this one is the other way. It is top spec but registered as a couple of steps down the trim ladder and could have been sold underprice. Doubt it was though...