• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Does My Wing Look Big In This

SteveD

now that looks a bit more like it :cool:

Personally, I prefer something like this............

967203.jpg

that is the standard s2 exige wing which is mounted to the engine cover lid which is a flimsey piece of fiberglass the wing itself does absolutly nothing ,it is not even mounted properly any sort of force on it and it will break the engine cover ,if you open the engine cover it flaps around like a crisp packet in the wind thats more for looks than anything else, if i wanted a standard looking exige i would of bought one ,but i really dont like the wing on them thats why i built mine with exige clams and the sc,cc honda in it and fitted the loverly wing to mine ,imho the wing should be mounted like mine which is mounted the same as the motorsport elise,exige

The std wing is simply a designer/stylists vision of what looks pretty on the car.

Aerodynamics is a hugely complicated issue on a car with possibly more variables than you would find on an aircraft.

Having worked at a fair few vehicle OEM's in conjunction with aerodynamicists, I think I can say with some conviction that the aero guys make loads of recommendations about what compromises are needed to make a product work at it's optimimum, then the designers generally ignore all of that and design something that's pretty and pays nominal lip service to aero factors... Hence things like the std Elise wing....

• Like 1

The "DJ Racecars" wings are made by The Wing Shop to designs by Simon McBeath who has written several books on the subject of aerodynamics and racecar preparation : http://www.amazon.co...t_athr_dp_pel_1

pah what do dj know wuv there is a guy in crewe that knows more :oops:;)

Have you been playing need for speed or just watched fast and furious.

Have you been playing need for speed or just watched fast and furious.

what the devil is the need for speed and fast and furious ,i take it there little kids games that grown men who should have grown up play ,if they are games then no ,i have better things in my life to do than waste time playing kiddy games

The metal work is awesome Steve - thanks again for that. :yes:

The metal work is awesome Steve - thanks again for that. :yes:

no probs wuv :westy:

pah what do dj know wuv there is a guy in crewe that knows more :oops:;)

Crewe..that's where all the best (railway) Engineer's work :t-up::blush:

Edited by CJ531

Crewe..that's where all the best (railway) Engineer's work :t-up::blush:

thought that was many moons ago when everything was in black and white

thought that was many moons ago when everything was in black and white

nah, there's still some left on what remains of the works..though colour hasn't yet arrived to the town!

• Like 1

No idea about aerodynamic efficiency etc but that wing <looks> like the kind of thing you'd see attached to a chav's Corsa. In the Tesco car park.

• Like 1

what the devil is the need for speed and fast and furious ,i take it there little kids games that grown men who should have grown up play ,if they are games then no ,i have better things in my life to do than waste time playing kiddy games

Perhaps grown men know the difference between there and they're and know to put a space after the comma? Or is learning that much to 'kiddy' for you too? ;)

To save you using Google, one is a film, the other is a prefix for a series of computer games.

The std wing is simply a designer/stylists vision of what looks pretty on the car.

Aerodynamics is a hugely complicated issue on a car with possibly more variables than you would find on an aircraft.

You mean the floor :)

Otherwise, road cars don't tend to break the sound barrier and their structures don't really suffer from much deformation under operation.

Now the land speed records require crazy stuff to happen and Formula 1 is in it's own special category.

• Like 1