• Malvern, Help Registration Closed
  • Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Does My Wing Look Big In This

SteveD

Next stop:

Clicky

And then:

Clacky

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MTgtMjAxMjAxMTUtMTIxMS5qcGc.jpgutf-8BSU1HMDA0MjAtMjAxMjAxMTUtMTIxMy5qcGc.jpgutf-8BSU1HMDA0MjMtMjAxMjAxMTUtMTIxNS5qcGc.jpgutf-8BSU1HMDA0MjItMjAxMjAxMTUtMTIxNC5qcGc.jpg

Might just be the camera angle but looks too wide and potentially dangerously so for cyclists etc if protruding beyond the normal profile of the vehicle. Personally I would use the wing as the extreme not the mirror that would fold back if contacted.

I also wonder how disturbed the air is at the sides and even over the short drop roof by the time it gets to there and how well it will work.

This will be horrifc for drag above 100mph.

I can't see the point of it TBH, the car should generate a fair bit of underbody downforce which is essentially drag free. I can understand a small wing perhaps.

Might just be the camera angle but looks too wide and potentially dangerously so for cyclists etc if protruding beyond the normal profile of the vehicle. Personally I would use the wing as the extreme not the mirror that would fold back if contacted.

I also wonder how disturbed the air is at the sides and even over the short drop roof by the time it gets to there and how well it will work.

it sticks out 2" each side hardly dangerous to cyclists ,and its mounted the same height as any other exige wing and most gt wings are mouted the same ,they know far more than me and you

This will be horrifc for drag above 100mph.

I can't see the point of it TBH, the car should generate a fair bit of underbody downforce which is essentially drag free. I can understand a small wing perhaps.

if you think the elise creates a fair bit of underbody down force you are dreaming ,its not low enough for starters and as for the wing read this

http://www.tunersgro...gallery2154.jpg

DJ Racecars DJ 183 dual element wing fitted to the prototype Lotus 2-11 circuit car

The high efficiency range are most suited to cars where medium to high downforce with high efficiency is required.

The high efficiency rear wings use the SM183 wing profile.

The SM183 is an efficient and versatile profile. It has been successfully applied in a diverse range of applications from GT racing to track-day cars, and on the quad element rear wing assembly on the DJ hillclimb cars.

Available configurations are:

•DJ Engineering High Efficiency Stage 1 Rear Wing - SM183 Single Element

•DJ Engineering High Efficiency Stage 2 Rear Wing - SM183 Dual Element

The maximum span length for the SM183 High Efficiency wing profile is 1700

if you think the elise creates a fair bit of underbody down force you are dreaming ,its not low enough for starters and as for the wing read this

DJ Racecars DJ 183 dual element wing fitted to the prototype Lotus 2-11 circuit car

The high efficiency range are most suited to cars where medium to high downforce with high efficiency is required.

The SM183 is an efficient and versatile profile. It has been successfully applied in a diverse range of applications from GT racing to track-day cars, and on the quad element rear wing assembly on the DJ hillclimb cars.

yeah but you only bought it cause you thought it looked the dogs danglys :p:laugh:

on a serious note - what spoils it for me is the shape of the end bits - would look brill if they were shaped to suit the flow of the car

I have no doubt, you caould get more by lowering, but it will create downforce from it's current configuration.

If you are going racing, you'd certainly have it low enough! You don't need it for road do you?

If the desired effect to look CRAZY ASS RACER, then it works very well.

The 2-11 has no roof to interfere with the flow either. Has that wing been optimised for the Exige?

Chavtastic wuv

I have no doubt, you caould get more by lowering, but it will create downforce from it's current configuration.

If you are going racing, you'd certainly have it low enough! You don't need it for road do you?

If the desired effect to look CRAZY ASS RACER, then it works very well.

The 2-11 has no roof to interfere with the flow either. Has that wing been optimised for the Exige?

you are living in dream world with little fairy's and elf's if you think the elise creates and considerable down force from the flat floor and difuser running anywhere near standard ride heights and using the poxy k series engine that runs out of puff at the sight of 4th gear ,and as for the 2-11 has a roll cage/wind deflector and the drivers head in the way so will probably upset the airflow more than a flowing roof line of a exige and you dont have to have a car low to go racing either ,you can only lower cars and especially the elise so much before it starts upseting geometry .that is why they developed the gt hubs for the elise so you can sit the car lower but still keep the wishbones bump steer etc in check these basically move the hubs up in the upright so the car sits lower ,my car will be used for sprints and hillclimbs not just a road car not the ideal thing to do ,so you have to comprimise to have the best of both worlds (somewhere inbetween) with set up , no crazy assed racer look here as you put it ,the wing is no wider than the wing i fitted on my hondad 2-11 its just deeper ,as for it being opimised for the exige , do you want to pay for wind tunnel time to have a wing developed for the exige ,thought not

If nothing else Steve it will make a good place for the tinnies!

I like :yes: (as I do all of your creations).

If nothing else Steve it will make a good place for the tinnies!

I like :yes: (as I do all of your creations).

:yes: frames ready wuver

Steve,

Great look, just hope this one is fitted better than the one on the Atom!

Steve,

Great look, just hope this one is fitted better than the one on the Atom!

me to :blush:

Its beautiful wuv :love: