The Only Way Is Essex Blat

Pistol Pete

I'm not going to have the car ready for Sunday, having trouble finding a new Thrust Bearing for my type 9 box. Looks like I won't be coming :cry:

I'll have a spare passenger seat if you fancy a co driver trip?

My friends Dave and Phil in the Purple Westie might we be tagging along. Think they went to the March meet.

Just seen the post about timings, plan is to meet at 9:30 at the Lodge in South Woodham Ferrers ready to leave around 10am.

Sootie - Burtons should have one and I'm sure they do mail order ;)

Has nobody else got a tomto or Garmin?

It appears my car will not be ready in time for this blat either. While I've just finished bolting everything back together and have installed the fluids, I've got to go to work now so starting it will have to wait until tomorrow. Finger's crossed it starts without problems, but the show stopper for this weekend is the fact that the earliest I could get it booked into a rolling road is next friday :( I've gone from 1.8 to 2.0 litres so don't think it would be prudent (or even possible?) to drive it more than necessary.

Ben

First off - well done getting it all sorted.

If you fancy getting involved still, I have a spare seat and am based in chelmer village so no problem picking up up - just give me a shout.

I'm not going to have the car ready for Sunday, having trouble finding a new Thrust Bearing for my type 9 box. Looks like I won't be coming :cry:

bernie it is nothing special std sierra one take yours to local car shop they should be able to match it up or halfords.

i think theres only 3 types

For any Colchestrians or us northerners :d with a CO postcode planning on comming along a couple of us are looking at convoying from Colchester to the meet point. I'm suggesting meeting in the carpark of PC World in Tollgate for 8:30 and then travelling down through Tiptree and Maldon by this route if anyone else wants to join us :t-up:

SBD have found a thrust bearing and are posting it Pronto. Still have plenty of other things to finish though. May come as a passenger as Kev has offered a seat, Ta mate.

Mark, Any chance you could bring the Sound Level tester along with you on Sunday? Not sure how big they are or if it's a burden to transport?

Just wanted to make sure all is ok for my first track jaunt next week.

Cheers :t-up:

Just seen the post about timings, plan is to meet at 9:30 at the Lodge in South Woodham Ferrers ready to leave around 10am.

Sootie - Burtons should have one and I'm sure they do mail order ;)

Has nobody else got a tomto or Garmin?

I'll bring my Tom Tom. Do I need to upload a route to it first?

Mark, Any chance you could bring the Sound Level tester along with you on Sunday? Not sure how big they are or if it's a burden to transport?

Just wanted to make sure all is ok for my first track jaunt next week.

Cheers :t-up:

Will do :t-up: I just need to find somewhere that can sell me some petrol at the moment :bangshead:

I've got two jerry cans full in me shed Mark! Mr Maude told me to do it...

[/lie-mode-cancel]

First off - well done getting it all sorted.

If you fancy getting involved still, I have a spare seat and am based in chelmer village so no problem picking up up - just give me a shout.

Thanks Pete :t-up:

If you don't mind the ballast, I'd love to be your navigator.

PS started my new engine for the first time this morning - always a relief when it starts and runs ok :laugh:

Ben

Smokey.....We will be at PC world for 8.30 on Sunday.