"Then and Now" Photo thread

Cleggy the Spyder Man

just filled out my insurance forms a week or so ago - they ask has the vehicle had any modifications from factory standard - umm yes  :D

Always thought this was a stupid question.......  Its a KIT CAR for oops, i said a naughty word! sake!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• markcoopers

• JeffC

• Speed Freak

I have a narrow windscreen, uprights wind deflectors, wipers and motor + hood extended to fit over RAC style bar all in the garage. Crossflow is long gone  :)

With first upgrade - Raceline exhaust.

18872.jpeg

Then with RAC bar, ditched lockable boot box, soft bits tonneau, ProRace2 wheels, decals, ditched spare wheel, longer trumpets and bonnet cut-out, GTS wide track, protech shocks, new headlamps, carbon wings, racetech QR and momo type 26

17955.jpeg

17929.jpeg

then had opportunity to get my brothers newer FW body car, which now has soft bits half hood, JK seats, titan red harnesses (not in the picture)....upgradeitus - there's no cure...Like the look of the cages in the other pictures....mmmmmm

18066.jpeg

Any idea where I can get the clear rear lens that chris7273 has on his car in the photo please?

They look like the ones Caterham sold for the R500, probably available elsewhere too, though  ;)

Any idea where I can get the clear rear lens that chris7273 has on his car in the photo please?

They look like the ones Caterham sold for the R500, probably available elsewhere too, though  ;)

Sorry Captain, I didn't see your question.

Indeed they are similar to the R500 rear lights. There is a direct gain of  at least 10 bhp  :D

The clear lenses come from here : Seven Speed

I bought them two years ago when the website was named Seven Tweeks.

Enjoying this thread immensely :t-up: , just trying to find some before and after of my old V8 to add...

Just a little pedantic observation tho'.

There is no such thing as buying the wrong Westie as you all seem to have proved so comprehensively.

The basic car is just a blank canvas for your own interpretation/needs/desires..... :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :D  :D  :D  :D

Photos340.jpg

105bhp.

14" wheels with Dunlop ditch-finders.

Chocolate roll bar.

Squidgy seats.

5th brake windscreen.

Front indicators in the "pre Elvington cone incident" position.  ;)

Pea shooter exhaust  

Roll forward about ten years....

DSCF3151.jpg

170bhp.

13" wheels and slicks

Cage

F/glass race seats

Aeroscreen

Indicators moved to the "Caterham" position. (Less faff on when removing the nose cone)

Larger silencer.

Also, LSD, and revised springs. Yellow ones!  ;)

Sorry Captain, I didn't see your question.

Indeed they are similar to the R500 rear lights. There is a direct gain of  at least 10 bhp  :D

The clear lenses come from here : Seven Speed

I bought them two years ago when the website was named Seven Tweeks.

Many thanks!  :)  :t-up:

...........but surely the biggest upgrade is loosing the person sat in the drivers seat  :D   :D

Car looks superb BTW  :t-up:  :t-up:

What you mean, that was the best performance mod out the lot of them! cant remove that. :laugh:  :D  :p  :devil:

Thats when I had hair. :(  :blush:  :zzz:

well I went from this

jcsjd1.jpg

to my first westy zx12 powered  which started off like this

the worst colour ever made  :oops:

westyinbrg.jpg

changed its colour to this

westy041.jpg

westy060.jpg

westy059.jpg

bmw530dnew010.jpg

then changed the car to a megabusa actually bought a pair of them identicle cars  :t-up:

westy083.jpg

developed to a track car doing 8,000 reliable miles fitting full cage upgrading suspension arbs cooling system and of course changing the colour along the way  :blush:  

westy2103.jpg

ebay239.jpg

]

decided on a change and bought Terrys megabusa with a 1550cc motor fitted

westyyellowbusa009.jpg

fitted cage wider arches tyres, 3.1 diff upgraded cooling system and converted to full race car

busaarchers001.jpg

busaarchers004.jpg

before blowing it up stripping it and wiping my hands of bike engines

busamotor007.jpg

busamotor016.jpg

the day i sold it 1300cc engine fitted wide arches and wheels removed

busa003-2.jpg

I next decided that slug power was the answer and bought a duratec which certainly slowed me down  :blush:

durabang003.jpg

fitted a winscreen and first day out hit a crow was pleased i had the screen fitted that day!!!   :0

a6a4a4001.jpg

this car was pretty good handling up until the point I changed to wide track It then became the understeer king of the track  :D

IMG_3107.jpg

liking the blue/green car Jeff  :love: the yellow/black ones not bad either  :cool:

they both make your cateringvan look tame by comparison

liking the blue/green car Jeff  :love

thats prob the best car Ive ever had cleggster , we had some cracking days on track with that car :love:   it took some serious abuse and never flackered  :love: only failure I had in the 2 year I owned it was a £2 oil seal failed  :t-up:   used it pretty much on the track all the time, I wore holes through 2 sets of wheel arches with gravel rash and it had hardlys any paint left when I was finished with it  :blush:

was a different colour for a while too just found a few pics , this was a met grey-green pearl i did first before i painted pearl  green-blue  :D  :D

westy2028.jpg

westy2034.jpg

and this one was its twin bought at the same time

mgreddywessty002.jpg

myebay091.jpg