"Then and Now" Photo thread

Cleggy the Spyder Man

outta curiousity is the hole in the bonnet for looks or to keep it cool?

neither of those  :D I purchased a second-hand bonnet from a bike engined car so it was a case of making do - need to make up a grill now (as various people have pointed out, what ya gonna do when it rains  :suspect: )

like most of the mods I have done have come from bargains that I have either picked up through the WSCC, ebay or from various friends

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• markcoopers

• JeffC

• Speed Freak

some great work been done on those cars  :cool:

so explain the reason for your mods!  ???

because i could....i wanted the hard as nails car

you got it  :cool:

Great thread, great pics, lovely looking cars..... :love:

As pointed out in Jay's 911 thread, the enjoyable development of the car for relative peanuts is one of the joys of Westie/ Seven ownership.... :t-up:  :t-up:  :D  :D

Pay as you play for decent money... :laugh:

For those who haven't had enough of yellow, mine started out like this:

18851.jpeg

18852.jpeg

Which I enjoyed for several years as it was. Then I had a week in a Caterham R400 and realised that I needed it to be louder, faster and more incisive.

So now it looks like this:

18835.jpeg

18853.jpeg

Not quite as hardcore as some of those previously shown, but with changes including quicker steering rack, solid rack mounts, Nitron suspension, poly bushes, LSD, a 50kg diet and some extensive engine work it drives a lot differently. I probably should have bought a different car, but it was owned by my dad originally so I got a preferential price and I've loved the developmental process. Now I'm starting to think I fancy antiroll bars and to chase out some more horses  :D

Ben

then

originalwestfield.jpg

now

new.jpg

Its a long story  :D

More yellow  :D  Not a Westfield but changed a bit over the years.

Been that long i would need to scan some photo's of its first incarnation so will start with 6 months after SVA  on its second engine.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

And 10 years on how it looks now! 3 engines a turbo probably 6 sets of wheel later plus a few other bits.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Yes, I bought the wrong car :

090330110348624303397413.jpg

111121091135624309077842.jpg

wheels, exhaust, rollbar, ecu, loom, cylinder head, camshafts, front wishbones, shocks, color, front indicators, rear lights, battery, ...

Thought I had bought a car I would have little to do to... how wrong I was... not that any of the upgradeitus was really required !! :-)

Was a 1.8 Zetec..... built from all new parts..

img0136wg.jpg

img0142v.jpg

Now has ST170 engine, Emerald ECU, Wide Band Lambda, Oil Cooler, Wide track front end, Toyo R888's JK Seats.. Intercom, remote oil filter.. carbon cycle wings, removable steering wheel... etc etc etc..

img1370c.jpg

img2802v22.jpg

Didn't buy the wrong car, bought what I could afford at the time

this%20into%20this.JPG

Changed a good bit, more to do  :D

just filled out my insurance forms a week or so ago - they ask has the vehicle had any modifications from factory standard - umm yes  :D

some nice cars and some great development being shown - no doubt some grazed knuckles and some pride induced along the way  :t-up:

2001:

westy.gif

2011:

dsc00041uv.jpg

Changes?  Not many by comparison to others.  New seats, complete dash, interior colour and trim including gear knob and gaiter surrounds, kick strips, steering wheel, quick release, seat belts, shocks and springs, roll hoop, cam, rolling road, wind deflectors, brakes, boot box tonneau cover, smaller headlights, new bonnet & scuttle & wing & windscreen thanks to a motorbike :bangshead: , spare wheel ditched, new number plates and tyres... I think I need a rest. :bangshead:

Did I buy the wrong car?  Nope. :t-up:  :)

Any idea where I can get the clear rear lens that chris7273 has on his car in the photo please?