sprint / fast road car for sale

SteveC

Timmeh..... I really would not worry about if it's Class C or D i'd imagine it's Class D from the decription but what really matters is what work was done and to what standard, from the sounds of it it's a good'un ???

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed Freak

• SteveC

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• SteveD

oh dont get me wrong, Im not worried about it, and Im sure the work has been done to a top standard (spoke to the guy and he's sending me pics of the chassis work). Merely want to understand what consequences it all has... Should I export car, they want to see the v5 which ofcourse says nothing of accident, so wondered if the records in regard to the number plate will show this up?If it shows up, does it mean higher insurance premiums? Would it pass iva in england now, if it had to?If not, then prob couldnt export it, as must do the equivilent in germany

if you export the car it looses its cat status ,so if brought back into the country ,it will be unrecorded cat clean ,straight vehicle ,not registered etc etc , it will be recorded with the dvla but as said will loose this when exported

cheers guys, if thats the case over in germany, and the work has been carried out as well as I think..-I think this could be the car Ive been waiting for!

The guy said something about the chassis had been sleeved... Is this going to be an issue in an iva type german equivelant?

If its been done by someone who knows what they are doing nobody will be able to tell!

The chassis work was done by Siltech, they have a jig and plenty of experience. Also took the opportunity to put a few stiffening fillets around the diff carrier. They also did the nice aero style wide wishbones.

The V5 states "Westfield", as do all MOT's

cheers,

Steve

Not wanting to do the dirty on ya steve, but i do think potential buyers should know all the info before perhaps buying the car. :oops:

The car by the looks of it (pictures) has had all damage corrected... But the current engine had no number and so is not entered into the v5, so it reads the old engine (1700 crossflow). As the car is now damage cat c, the v5 will state at the bottom that it has had damage, (not written on by cat d tho), but as the v5 hasnt been sent back its not on v5...

Last thing is that since the chassis work has been carried out, the vic (vehicle identity check) hasnt been carried out. Meaning that if someone should buy the car without it being done, they wouldnt recieve the v5 from dvla until it has..

None of these are big issues, but do think that people should be aware of them. I wouldnt have known if it hadnt been for the hpi check.

Steve hope you dont mind me clarifying that.

Timmeh..... I really would not worry about if it's Class C or D i'd imagine it's Class D from the decription but what really matters is what work was done and to what standard, from the sounds of it it's a good'un ???

Its got an aeroscreen, so class E.

If that was changed for a full screen, then it would be class C.

Always assuming 't committee dont change the class rules for next season.

sorry damage category c! edited post

Tim, as i said before it doesn't matter if it's C or D so long as it's a good repair (which it sounds like it is).

I'm going to make a promise to myself now that i'll not comment on another for sale add that you express an interest in as you seem like a TOTAL time waster ???

I may be wrong but my senses tell me otherwise...........................

At least it's keeping this chaps car at the top of the page!

nanna's i did the hpi for tim . and it showed cat c ,but it also flagged up no vic check had been done after the repair ,i would say that is because the owner did not send the v5 to the insurance company as he kept the salvage ,i double checked with another company and it flagged up the same no vic done  ,so as tim states if a new owner buys the car when the log book is sent off  to the dvla to change the keeper ,it will bring it up and ring bells with the dvla that it has  not had a vic check ,so the dvla will not issue a v5 to the new owner until the vic check has been done ,this will cause more issues when the vic is done because the engine has been changed but the v5 still shows the old xflow on the log book and not the new vx 1.6 16v ,and the new engine has only a partial number stamped into the block , so it will not pass a vic check and maybe impounded at the vosa centre ,so could go belly up for the new owner, im not saying the seller knows of these issues but its a fair point from tim ,its all easily sorted and if steve wants to contact me il tell him how  :t-up:

bananaman it may not matter to you if its cat c or d, but to me it does. I'll probably end up registering the car in germany afterwards, and on a cat c car the damage will be noted on the v5, on a cat d car nothing is noted. When you come to re-registering a car over in germany, then can only go on the info on the v5, and as you see this then makes a difference.

As for the time waster comment; grow up

Im simply making sure I get the right car. Dont know about you but I dont like spending 7900 quid, and then finding out afterwards that theres problems

SteveD you have pm!

I'm as intrigued as anyone as to how its taxed with 3 MOT's issued and aprroved by the insurance company when back on the road, but there is always something else to learn :0

nothing stopping you mot'ing the car or insuring it or even taxing it ,as you mot the car before you vic it anyway ,none of the above will  flag up with the dvla ,it will only come to light when there is a change of keeper

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.