sprint / fast road car for sale

SteveC

Am currently waiting for VOSA to sort out the paperwork on the car, so sale suspended until thats sorted!

IMG_3214.jpg

Nicely sorted car, ready for track days, sprints, hillclimbs, or fast road driving. Sensibly modified to get a light weight, well handling car. Everything is in good condition, ready to go. 530Kg, 185 BHP at 8000rpm.

Suspension and engine set up at Northampton Motorsports this year.

ENGINE 1600cc Vauxhall Ecotec with Omex fuel injection.

Jenvey throttle bodies ported inlet manifold, matched inlet trumpets

ARP rod bolts, Pocketed pistons, SBD high lift cams, uprated valve springs and caps

Omex programmable 3d ECU, with bespoke engine loom and shift light

SBD lightweight flywheel and SBD clutch plate, vernier cam wheels

Lightweight alternator and Odyssey gel battery

Stainless 4 -2-1 manifold with Tech Craft silencer (usually around 96db)

SUSPENSION and DRIVETRAIN

Type 9 BGH heavy duty gearbox with high 1st gear and direct lever extension

Quaiffe ATB LSD fitted to Sierra 3.9 diff

Drilled brake discs with Mintex M1144 brake pads (front and back)

Willwood powerlite forged aluminium front brake callipers

aluminium uprights and hubs.

Silltech oval wishbones, front and rear with adjustable rose joints for in-situ set-up

adjustable anti roll bars - front and rear, Protek aluminium dampers with rose joints.

Adjustable pedal box with independent Wilwood single brake cylinders

Minilite copies 13inch 6 inch fronts and 7 inch rears,  Yokohama AO48’s new this season, still in good condition

CHASSIS

wide body, detachable arches

Fuel swirl pot and high pressure pump with full size 20 litre fuel tank, locking fuel filler.

Golf plastic radiator with nose cone mounted header tank.

and Dash mounted FIA switch, underbonnet Anderson connector

SPA speedo and Elliot stepper tacho in carbon effect dash

Titon 3 inch 4 point harness, new this year. RAC roll bar with fixed struts.

Easy removable full size boot box with cover, Fiberglass high back shell seats, both on adjustable runners, very comfortable.

4 inch headlamps with Zenon white bulbs, with quick release nose cone.

1993 wide independent chassis, first on the road in 1998. Owned since 2001. Chassis rebuild by Siltech and new tub in 2006/7 (is registered on insurance database - photos of rebuild available) suspension fully rebuilt and set up. Total mileage is 11,230 with odo showing 1588miles since chassis rebuild. MOT to end of July 2012. On SORN at the moment. Q plate, did have stick on plate on nose, but have recently had it resprayed and not got round to putting a new one on.

2 A4 ring binders packed full of info and receipts from first build to now.

email me for more photos or information. More photos here;Photobucket

Car can be seen in Oxford.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Speed Freak

• SteveC

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

• SteveD

b****y hell sounds too cheap to me - looks nice  :cool:

b****y hell sounds too cheap to me - looks nice  :cool:

Wayyy to cheap........... Nice sounding car :t-up:  :t-up:

Diff & Gearbox got to be worth £1500, engine with all the bits £3,000+

So you get the rest of the car for £3500......BARGAIN!!

Chuck a Zetec on carbs in there with standard T9 & 3.6diff for £1500.................. and heypresto you got a nice car for £5K

The black is simply a black GRP nose, bionnet, scuttle and cycle wings. The nose and cycle wings have painted orange front bits I believe

John-do you happen to know if the cars on a q plate or not?

trying to get hold of guy-thinking he'll be at work. Anyone got a contact number or email address? Tried pm route.

Saw this car at the Motorsports show in Coventy, it looked in amazing condition! As others have said, bargain.

Its a Q plate. Have a look at the recent Coventry motorsport show threads and you will see some different pictures of it For example here

can anyone pm me the tel number of steve clarke please?

or perhaps get him to call me on 01743 355282?

Fancy buying this car-just need some info regarding q plate.

Try here

Wow  :suspect:  this car looks far to cheap! I know its a buyers market at the moment but come on if this does not sell within a week this country really is in a bad way  :(

Blimey, perhaps i should revise the price  :p Saying that i have taken a few parts out of the sale, Team dynamic wheels, weather kit etc, to bring the spec to a more simple track/ fast road based car.

The main thing is all the hours of engineering time going into the car, to keep it well sorted and set up correctly as those with similar cars will appreciate.

ready to go for next years speed series. Need to get my next project under way, so anyone interested PM or email me.

As John says its dark green nose cone and bonnet with orange band blended in.

cheers,

Steve

Oops - dark green - eye test needed  :suspect:

"first registered 1998. Rebodied and chassis rebuild in 2006. Was classified as uneconomic to repair by insurance, but provided a great opportunity to rebuild with lightweight and updated spec components,1558 miles since."

Just copied this from pistonheads website... Does anyone here understand the system with regards to damaged cars? The insurers obviously rate or grade the car differently Im guessing? Does the dvla have records of it then too? Should I want to export car, would they also get hold of this info then?OR does this info get updated when the corrective work has been carried out?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.