Ford 1600GT donor engine

Tonsko

Head ruling heart; but in this case I suspect you may have saved yourself more hard-work than that particular car really justified. Plus there's been so much really  good stuff for such low prices recently. There WILL be something much better coming along  :t-up:  :D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tonsko

• flyingbanana

• Neil2008

• peterg

unless you contact directly and make an offer to buy once the dvla has corrected the paperwork.

a very small deposit ( with a note to say it is refundable if the v5 isn't amended..)

gotta be worth a punt - make a lower offer for without paperwork, as then the car could be split for parts or sold as a track car if the v5 can't be sorted.

higher offer with the corrected papers.

almost a no lose situation.

?

In the conversations I have had with him in the last week, I have said that I would be willing to come and see/buy the car if the paperwork was sorted.

As for the other, I'm not looking to have bits of car lying around for breaking - this could be an option in the future, but for my first foray into the world of kit cars, I want to get in one and drive it! :) Currently no appetite for a potential fight with the DVLA.

As far as I understand it...

Where it says "Make" on the V5C you want the word "Westfield"

Anything else may not be a genuine Westfield or may not be possible to register as a genuine Westfield at all, or without some variable amount of hassle.

In addition, the Chassis number needs to match the one stamped directly onto the chassis.

Engine number and the exact model letters are less of an issue, but Make and Chassis Number are non-trivial items to be dealing with.

Maybe you won't worry, but if/when you sell on somebody could quite reasonably refuse to buy it as a Westfield.

Westfields command a premium so you need to make sure you are getting the real deal or ensure you pay the appropriate money for what is effectively a Locost (not saying they are in any way inferior, but the prices are often lower than a Westfield).

On a positive note, these inescapable facts on the first couple of vehicles you have seen should make it easier for you to know when the "right" one does appear.

Have a flick through the pages of the FAQ section and there's a few topics in there that will help you tell the different models apart and decide which body or axle combination suits your needs best.  :cool:

here's a good starter

This one confirms what I was thinking earlier about narrow bodywork on pre-lits

And another good write uphere

:t-up:  :t-up:

:D

Thanks for the tip,

here's a good starter

I am now a Westie owner  :t-up: