R,A,F Cottesmore

madteg

great day - good to meet some new faces and some of the guys from the forums in the flesh

unfortunately I broke it on the last run - drive shaft flange disintigrated

P1080115.jpg

P1080120.jpg

P1080114.jpg

P1080116.jpg

P1080119.jpg

P1080127.jpg

P1080125.jpg

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Andrew

• FILFAN

what a b****y good day out that was  :t-up:

Big Thanks to Paul and nicky for the spare bed on Friday night much appreciated :t-up:  :t-up:

really enjoyed the track , although have to say my old age must be showing as it took me all day to learn it and work out where the corners were  :blush: hadnt a clue where i was in the 2 complex sections it all looked the same  :blush:  :D  

despite my lack of direction :D  (which will show when I rearranged the cones bottom of the back straight( dunno htf i did it ,  think i must have dozed off going into the corner  :p  :oops:  :blush:  )  I had some great battles with Pete and Andrew on circuit today,have to say  Pete has certainly upped his game since last time we were on track together which must be a good 3 years ago, had to work a bit to keep with the anchor  :t-up:  :t-up:

and as usual good to put names to faces  :t-up:  :t-up:

Any understeer?  :p

I could make an unicycle understeer  :p  :p  :laugh:  :laugh:

car actually felt really good John  was well impressed  :t-up:  :t-up:

I did witness some! :D  But not Mr C's usual amount, the pepper did very well today.

Superb day, really enjoyed myself today, had a great chase with Jeff in one of the sessions, there was nowt in it really. Thanks for the drive of the pepper as well, I did fall in love with that car, just needs some decent seats!

Good meeting new and old faces, so, trackdays the future??? mmmmmmmm.. :cool:  ;)  :suspect:  ???

Good track isn;t it Jeff and I know what you mean about learning it, you should have tried it int he rain, when you couldn;t see where you were going anyway.

Oh hang on that probably made it easier :D:D

Great day , stayed dry ! , although the car spent all day spewing water out , till the last run when it cried enough a died in in a cloud of steam, head gasket !  its taken all summer to show itself , so a little job for the winter.    

the old sevens certainly showed the tyre squealing tin tops the way to go today bet they were fed up off us all buzzing round them all day.

nice see some old and new faces enjoying there day :)

cheers iain

Nick i hadnt a b****y clue  :blush:  :blush:  the cones all looked the same and a blurr and I struggled to see where the corner actually was which at 130mph going into the left hander wasnt ideal  :0  :0 I actually dont think I got the hang of the track till the last session  :D

Words cant describe how good this rear camera footage has come out, only beyonce's rear footage could possibly better it! :cool:

Words cant describe how good this rear camera footage has come out, only beyonce's rear footage could possibly better it! :cool:

just been watching the swiss cam forward facing, cant believe some idiot put a cone in the middle of the track on the fastest corner of the track, dunno how you didnt hit it , If i had followed you through I would have t*****d it into Peterborough  :D  :D  :suspect:  :suspect:

Had a fantastic time today and my westy did really well for its first day out. The wheels were completely dead for the last few laps and spun on most bends with a little off roading thrown in for good measure.

My crossflow was really out of breath on the straights so going to get the red top in over the winter with any luck.

Have already booked for December.

Glad you boys had a good time, was looking after the kids and at birthday Bertie's today so missed another one....sorry. If I have not sold it I might look at a December one?

what a b****y good day out that was  :t-up:

Big Thanks to Paul and nicky for the spare bed on Friday night much appreciated

No problem at all. Nic thought you were a very nice person and you got full approval  :D  The wine may have helped.  :)

Thanks for the demo run in Pepper. The slicks were brill and are the future. The whole car package was really good.

I thought everyone drove well to, which helps make the day.

Had a good un yesterday.. bit like old times, chasing after JC.  :cool:   and as allways at these events, it's good to meet folks.  :t-up:  :t-up:

Had a narrow escape, when Pete noticed a small puddle of oil under the car.. oil filter unscrewing itself!  :bangshead:   Must have only just started to come off, as it hadn't lost much oil.  :oops:  :blush: Other than that, the car ran well all day.

Cottesmore is not the best for taking pics, but here's my best attempts:

DSCF7087c.jpg

DSCF7073c.jpg

DSCF7081c.jpg

DSCF7115c.jpg

DSCF7108c.jpg

DSCF7135c.jpg

DSCF7116c.jpg

DSCF7126c.jpg