• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Yorks, Notts and N Derby

Rory's Dad

Martin,

Should be at Glossop 7 to 7:15pm.. Fox House looks in middle of nowhere but will have it in my sat nav, we should arrive on or just before 8pm I rekon

need to know where to meet mancs Guys in Glossop?

Marcus

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rory's Dad

• Spire

• Marcus Barlow - Show and Events Co-ordinator

• Paul Hurdsfield - Joint Manchester AO

I'll get in touch with Spire and sort out the timings starting with some of us starting from Huddersfield at 6:30.  We need an eta at Glossop and an eta at Fox House.  Is that a village, a pub, a hill, or what??

Rory's Dad

Martin,

Fox House is a Pub it just happens to be in a great driving road area.

details here

I think if we aim to be there at around 7-7.30pm

Mark

Thanks Mark - just need a meet point in Glossop.  Calling Mr Hurdsfield to the Boardroom please!!

Rory's Dad

Hi mark we are up for it sounds good :) , not sure if we will be in the new toy, cos you can only look at it not touch it, Ha! Ha!  :p   :laugh:

Thanks Mark - just need a meet point in Glossop.  Calling Mr Hurdsfield to the Boardroom please!!

Rory's Dad

We usually meet at McDonalds at the end of the M67 when we're heading in that direction  :t-up:

Starting time...hmmm... bear in mind it's getting dark quite early now, it's only 8.00pm and quite dark today  :(

Hi mark we are up for it sounds good :) , not sure if we will be in the new toy, cos you can only look at it not touch it, Ha! Ha!  :p   :laugh:

Are we talking new car here or something else between a married couple :D  :D  :D  :D

Count me in,coming from Chesterfield as well so maybe I could meet up with Spire? Have my doubts about how friendly the road up to Owler Bar will be  (went up in the works van last week and nearly bottomed it out half way up). All we need is miracle weather wise.

Cheers,Sean.

Sean you are welcome to meet up.

I think you would have used the wrong road to Owler Bar (through Barlow) a Westfield would not survive that road even my old Freelander used to have fun on that road. Best way is on A619 then A621 or A619, A623 then A625. If we have time we can go for a longer drive depending on the weather.

Mark

Lets try and get our 'drives' in on the way there.  

Wadsy - the Yorks lot are coming by Holmfirth at say 6:50.  Please tell us where we can pick you up on the A6024.  Please PM your mobile number to me.

Paul - we could do with a meet point in Glossop itself preferably on our way through and out onto the Snake at about 7:15 aiming to get to the pub by 7:45 - 8.00.  Please could I have your mobile number too.

Are these timings feasible??

Mind you, after this evening's 'non' meet at Skipton I'm resigning myself to doing this all on my own too  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Rory's Dad

Lets try and get our 'drives' in on the way there.  

It will be too dark for anything else, especially on some of the roads round there. :D  :D

Martin what about leaving Hudds at 6pm? from what Spire and Paul have said might be better  :)

There's a Tesco in Glossop and opposite their car park (off Glossop Brook Road) there's a Wickes car park which will be less occupied!

Wickes Car Park linky

Might be a good meeting point!