Smokey’s Narrow rebuild

Mark (smokey mow)

good work fella :d

Thanks :) it does pain me when I have to do things twice :oops: but It's one of those things which would have carried on bugging me till I put it right.

You have done the right thing.... if we have a BIG tree to fell I will sharpen every tooth on my big saw nad check them with callipers... it takes 3 hours in all in the shop..... but for me it sets everything right in my head and reduces the risk..... we are funny creatures.  

Hopefully you will feel a difference in torsional  rigidity and strength/feel when it's done.

Again, good work fella :-)  

• Like 1

Whilst the car was still on its side i opted to fit the passenger side tunnel panel.  I'd already made it earlier in the year so it was a simple job whilst at a working height to rivet it in place.

P1010267.jpg

Next up the floor was drilled and the seat subframe bolted back into place, and then the drivers seat fitted.  There's no reason for putting the seat in at this early stage other than so I can sit behind the wheel making brum brum noises whilst dreaming of the open road. :oops: Can you tell I'm missing not having the other car :laugh:

P1010268.jpg

With the chassis back on it's (three) wheels, more paneling.  The old floor panels came in useful donating the aluminium for the cause, then a quick trial fit in place.  I wont be fitting them just yet. :)

P1010270.jpg

P1010271.jpg

As it was lunchtime I decided to leave things there for today and have a general tidy up. But there was still just enough time to do a quick drawing.

Those who remember this thread from last year know that I have been drawing every component, so as to do a virtual assembly.  Now I finally have a scuttle for mocking up this was next to be drawn up.  I wasn't particularly looking forward to it as bodywork is a PITA to measure and draw, the nosecone took me half a day :oops: and I didn't wish to repeat that again :bangshead:  for now I've got the basic dimensions plotted accurately enough, but theres still some of the smaller details to be added when I find time.

rollingchassis3.jpg

rollingchassis4.jpg

You can tell it's a narrow from the overhead view of the driver's right arm!   :d  :yes: 

You can tell it's a narrow from the overhead view of the driver's right arm!   :d  :yes: 

Oh yes, pretty snug :laugh:

One of my last updates before xmas :xmas: There's not been much more progress on the car what with Christmas Shopping, present wrapping and card writing etc but I did find time to do a spot more drawing for the model :d Ok so I may have got slightly carried away :cool:

damperassembly.jpg