• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• Rob Navin

• nlash

• DickieB

True, there are some newer cars fitted with OHV engines. I believe that they are only 1300 cc though, and not suited to RWD conversions as the block castings have some differences which prevent this so discounted them anyway.

If not, I bet its just Ford's way of using up all the exchange recon engines that they had returned in the 70's and 80's though  :devil:

Don't KA's have crossflows fitted to them? You can buy these new can't you?

I thought it was Fiesta's  ??? ..........but I may be wrong  :sheep:

Don't KA's have crossflows fitted to them? You can buy these new can't you?

I thought it was Fiesta's  <!--emo&??? ..........but I may be wrong  :sheep:

Think the last outing for the crossflow was in 1300 Ka's - there was an article in Practical Classics when the last of them rolled off the line - replaced by some new-fangled multivalve thing (and that's not the radio).

My brother in law has a 1700 crossflow in his, and it's lots of fun (Le Mans was epic, can't wait for next year).

Apparently Ford designed the Ka for a new 3 cyl engine that was under development, however it never went into production.  So they were left casting around for something to fit under the bonnet line - step forward the 1300 Crossflow.

IMHO the 1.25 ltr zetec would have been the ideal engine, but one must assume that it doesn't fit.