Which se7en

Wib

Also have a drive out in a Sylva Striker. Not as pretty as a westfield or caterham but have superior design and are better to drive.  :devil:  :)

Dax and Birkin are too middling to warrant attention (IMHO)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick M

• adhawkins

• gregh

• steve_m

agreed on the stiker. a friend picked a cossie turbo one up for 5kish.

i personallly really like the birkin.  not a fan of dax's tho.

and we havent even mentioned tigers or locost yet  :devil:

personal taste but i think they are/look a lot bigger.  generally seen running 16/17" rims. yeuch!

engineering wise i think they are sound, just not a fan of the overall impression they give.

you need the wheels to get the rubber to put the power down, unlike xflow or ztec westies which don't have any power to put down :0  cossie turbo or v8 rush  - mmmmmm  :D you can build one for about the cost of a ztec westie with 180bhp, and power upgrades for the cossie are cheap. Or you could try and fit a cossie in a westy :cool:

That lovvverly roll bar can be changed for the full width one at no extra cost and is part of the chassis so you dont need guy ropes to attach it to the car!!

Have a look at a dax if you get the chance, great guys really helpful and sound advice.  Be carefull if you go to the factory though, you'll want a tojero with an 8l chevy v8 as soon as you hear it start up.

oh, and hi everyone!

Scruffy

forum lurker

(Soon to be cossie dax rush powered forum lurker)

you need the wheels to get the rubber to put the power down

Sounds like Dax Salesmans speak to me, 'cos it's nonsense.....

:p  :p  :p

you need the wheels to get the rubber to put the power down

Sounds like Dax Salesmans speak to me, 'cos it's nonsense.....

:p  :p  :p

Ill 2nd that  :0  :D

Evnin mate

fair enough, probably is nonsense anyway.  Bottom line is that dax tend to have bigger power than most other 7's.  They may be bigger or look different but don't rule them out - fine cars IMHO

Scruffy

Forum Lurker

Bottom line is that dax tend to have bigger power than most other 7's.

Well the demonstrators do, most of the rest use a Pinto :0  :D  :D  :D

Taxi!!!

John

Too ugly ?  Too heavy ? :arse:  

How can a Dax Rush be ugly and a Westy not ?  They look almost identical save for the roll bar.  (Mine has a different bar which includes side intrusion bars too)

And as for weight, if you fit a heavy engine like a Cosworth turbo with the 4x4 running gear then sure, yes, it'll be heavy but fit a bike engine to their bike chassis and it'll be as light or lighter than a bike engined Westfield  :0   Yes, really  :D

I can see that once mine is built I'll have to get to a few meetings  :D  :p

If you buy a Westfield you'll love it, but you may spend a lot of time wondering if you should have bought a Caterham  :devil:

If you buy a Dax you'll love it, but you may spend a lot of time wondering if you should have bought a Westfield or Caterham  :devil:  :devil:

If you buy a Robin Hood ...... :durr:

Seriously, you ought to look at things beyond just the bhp, like how well its made, how well it handles, what it looks like and so on. Caterhams are a good bit smaller and lighter and as a result are a bit nimbler. This also affects the power-to-weight ratio and I bet a 100bhp Caterham isnt 100/180 slower than a 180bhp westfield

In any case you can only use 180bhp fully in a straight line but most of the fun roads have corners on them .....

Thats not to say that more power isnt more fun, just that I know a sevener with only a 100bhp crossflow who leaves 140bhp cars (which are also a lot lighter as well) in his wake.

Also seek out your local owners club and have a good look around. In my experience the clubs for both marques are very friendly and welcoming and it is well worth the trip.

Whichever you buy you will enjoy it  :D

You will generally get more car for your money if you go the Westfield route and there are some great cars about. BUT you do need to think about what you are really after.

IMHO the Westfield tend to be a bit more customised wereas there are more 'off the shelf' Caterhams so it depends on how much of the upkeep you are doing yourself and how involved you want to be in sourcing components etc. Also you will not be able to use a 100 BHP 7 on the road to it's full potential let alone 180 BHP. If you buy carefully you won't go wrong with either.