• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rab (bombero) Reid

• Jumpy07

• Cleggy the Spyder Man

• Scottish Westy

Terrible to hear this was Matt - hope you feel fine soon mate.  Don't worry about the car, thats what insurance is for....

If you need help getting what is left moved about give me a shout - I've a trailer doing nothing most of the time so can help get it moved.....and if you decide to rebuild rather than buy different I'm happy to help with a bit of spannering if needed....

Quick update guys. I left Matta in the capable hands of his wife and son. I'm currently part way home at Stirling services.

Matt's got about 15 stitches in his head after they stuffed the straw back in! Seriously though, he's doing fine and will get home tomorrow after an overnight stay being pampered by NHS Highlands finest nurses!

:t-up:  I suppose he will look back and laugh one day  :suspect:

one of his nine lives gone there  :oops:

Quick update guys. I left Matta in the capable hands of his wife and son. I'm currently part way home at Stirling services.

Matt's got about 15 stitches in his head after they stuffed the straw back in! Seriously though, he's doing fine and will get home tomorrow after an overnight stay being pampered by NHS Highlands finest nurses!

:t-up:  I suppose he will look back and laugh one day  :suspect:

one of his nine lives gone there  :oops:

My thoughts exactly  :)  I'm sure Matt will be along any day now to post his excuses  :laugh: He's got strength of character and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Hopefully, the other Applecrossers will continue to post here with their stories from the whole weekend..

oh yes some more piccies of "all the good stuff" that happened would be great  :D

Ugly Car vehicle award goes to...

p1010191o.jpg

p1010197h.jpg

p1010214ay.jpg

p1010218e.jpg

Jumpy : very very nice pictures. The light is awesome (as often in Scotland) and very well rendered.

Looks like a very good trip. Too bad for the unlucky one : I wish him a good and fast recovery.

That's some great pics, Craig  :cool:

Mine .. not so arty

50c43bf0.jpg

One more of Camp McWesty

bf97a56b.jpg

Some of us lined up for the return run over the Pass .. this road sign in Scotland means do not drive under this limit!!  :laugh:

Those on the Applecross run who went back over the pass on Sat will remember this plonker...  have turned down the volume so your not offended :-)

There was a passing place a 100 yards behind him, he never stopped when he saw us.. and he wouldnt reverse...

will post my thoughts on the weekend soon ,but glad that Matts fine thats all that counts now.

Very sorry to hear of Matts accident and hope he / and his car are back on the road soon.

Sounds like the weekend went really well up to that point, hopefully it wont put him or others off doing similar runs again. :)

In two weeks time five of us from Manchester area are taking in Applecros as part of our Five day/four night trip around Scotland. :cool:  so we're reading with interest your comments on the days and enjoying the photo's posted.  ;)

Wayne

Some more.. seam to have more arty ones than pictures of Westy.. videos being processed as we speak..

dscf1057n.jpg

dscf1077v2.jpg

dscf1083v2.jpg

innhdr.jpg

pano2dr.jpg

Very sorry to hear of Matts accident and hope he / and his car are back on the road soon.

Sounds like the weekend went really well up to that point, hopefully it wont put him or others off doing similar runs again. :)

In two weeks time five of us from Manchester area are taking in Applecros as part of our Five day/four night trip around Scotland. :cool:  so we're reading with interest your comments on the days and enjoying the photo's posted.  ;)

Wayne

I'm sure you'll not be disappointed. There are some points on the Pass that double back on themselves so, if you position yourself right, you'll get good photos of your westys skirting along the edge of the hillside.  ;)

The lower levels were mist free but as we climbed it got a bit pea soupy (as you can see from Craig's video of an Englishman with no road sense or manners .. I know, I know, you're not all like him  :D )!

Looks like a cracking weekend and really sorry I missed it, but Le Mans a fortnight before put paid to that.

Sorry to hear of Matta's spin and hope he is on the mend.

Fraser